[NEohioPAL] MAMAI THEATRE COMPANY PRESENTS REGIONAL PREMIERE OF MARINA CARR'S WOMAN AND SCARECROW

Christine McBurney via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Oct 27 17:33:07 PDT 2014

*Mamai Theatre Company presents:*

*WOMAN AND SCARECROW*

*By Marina Carr*
* Directed by Pandora Robertson*

In a play critics describe as “brilliant” and “imaginative,” a dying woman
is visited by a figure called ‘Scarecrow,’ an enigmatic character that
might be her alter ego, or a morphine-induced hallucination, or the very
thing keeping death at bay.  This Irish journey of magical realism,
mythology, and transformation features Co-Founders Bernadette Clemens and
Derdriu Ring.

Director Pandora Robertson says *Woman and Scarecrow* inspires her. "It
gets at the humanity and heart of what can make us great: our vitality,
grit, and sheer will power to hang on and value life despite its hardships
and disappointments. We are able to find gratitude, forgiveness and love
for each other and ourselves no matter how ridiculous and tragically flawed
we are. Even in the jaws of death, Woman and Scarecrow eek out the poetry
and humor from every last bittersweet moment. They never stop trying to get
their story right. As Woman says, 'Now that’s what I call a passion for
living'.”

*With:*

Derdriu Ring*
Bernadette Clemens*
James Lally
Mary Jane Nottage

      **Actor appears courtesy of Actors’ Equity Association*

*October 30 - November 16, 2014*

*Thursdays - Saturdays @ 7:30pm, Sundays @ 2:30pm*

*CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS! <http://www.mamaitheatreco.org/#!tickets/c1v7g>*

Pilgrim Congregational Church

2592 West 14th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
(the theatre is ADA accessible)

Adults: $20    Seniors (over 65): $18    Students (under 25): $10

*www.mamaitheatreco.org <http://www.mamaitheatreco.org/>*

Make a Match for Mamai!

Donate to our Kickstarter by November 5th to help us bring you Season 2015:
Chekhov, Williams, & More.  An anonymous donor has created a match
challenge.  If 5 donors give at the $500 level, this donor will double
their match!  So far we have 3/5 matches!  Only 2 more to go!  Click on our
Kickstarter link now: *kck.st/1xTEIUm* <http://kck.st/1xTEIUm>

Tune in to 90.3 WCPN's "The Sound of Applause" with Dee Perry on Tuesday,
October 28 at 2pm to hear Mamai artists discuss WOMAN AND SCARECROW.

*Season 3 ~ Coming in 2015…*

*THREE SISTERS*
*By Anton Chekhov*
*Directed by Bernadette Clemens*

*A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE*
*By Tennessee Williams*
*Directed by Mitchell Fields*

*DEATH AND THE MAIDEN By Ariel Dorfman*
*Directed by Katia Schwarz*

We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

You can subscribe/sponsor <http://www.mamaitheatreco.org/#!tickets/c1v7g>
 or purchase tickets <http://www.mamaitheatreco.org/#!tickets/c1v7g> online!

Mamai Theatre Company was founded in 2010 by Bernadette Clemens, Wendy
Kriss, Christine McBurney, and Derdriu Ring.  Mamai (pronounced *Mah' may*)
is the Gaelic word for “mother.”  Four working mothers, theatre artists,
colleagues, and friends arrived at a place where it was time to create
opportunities for themselves and their community.  “*Don’t wait to create*”
became the inspiration for Mamai Theatre Company.  Our mission is to create
intelligent, relevant classical theatre that offers an artistic home for
Cleveland's theatre artists, and equal opportunity for women in the
professional theatre community.

--

www.mamaitheatreco.org

Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/MamaiTheatreCo
<https://www.facebook.com/MamaiTheatreCo>
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/mamaitheatreco
Support us on Kickstarter through November 5th! kck.st/1xTEIUm