[NEohioPAL] Charles Dickens and Judy Garland - November Events at Chagrin Valley Little Theatre!

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Nov 3 11:20:10 PST 2014

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  November 2014 News & Events

www.CVLT.org
<http://www.CVLT.org>440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Instagram.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://instagram.com/ChagrinTheatre>

*Happening in November...*

  * *November 14 - December 14:* OLIVER!
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/oliver.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>
    (Main Stage Musical)
  * *November 15 - 16:* Youth Theatre Showcase
  * *November 21 - December 6:* THE PROPERTY KNOWN AS GARLAND
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/garland.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>
    (River Street Playhouse)

*Coming in December...*

  * *December 6 & 7:* Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/gingerbread.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>
    (annual children's event)
  * *December 5 - 14:* OLIVER!
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/oliver.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>
    (Main Stage Musical)
  * *December 5 & 6:* THE PROPERTY KNOWN AS GARLAND
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/garland.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>
    (River Street Playhouse)
  * *December 22 & 23:* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday Concert
  * *December 30 & 31:* The Spirit of Broadway
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>
    (original New Year's cabaret)

    */Oliver!
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/oliver.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>/*

*Book, Music & Lyrics by LIONEL BART*

*November 14 - December 14, 2014
Friday & Saturday nights at 8:00 PM
Sundays 11/23, 11/30*** & 12/14 at 2 PM *

*Tickets: *$20 regular, $16 students and seniors

*For information see www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/oliver.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/oliver.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by *MICHAEL J. ROGAN*
Musical Direction by *JOHN KROL*
Choreographed by *JEN JUSTICE & PAMELA LaFORCE*

Adapted from the Dickens classic, audiences love this story of an orphan
boy who becomes a pickpocket and an assistant in a funeral home on his
way to finding a real home. Featuring the classic songs "Food, Glorious
Food", "As Long As He Needs Me" and "Consider Yourself". CVLT's 1974 and
1989 productions of Oliver! were big hits, and now it's back to
entertain your family this winter!

*** Tickets for the November 30th matinee are available exclusively
through Friends of WomenSafe <http://www.fows.info>, a 501(c)3
non-profit with the sole mission of generating unrestricted funds for
WomenSafe. Since 1980, WomenSafe has served victims of domestic violence
throughout NE Ohio by providing crisis shelter, counseling, legal
advocacy, relocation and therapy services free of charge. Tickets for
the 11/30 matinee only are being sold exclusively through their
organization. If you wish to attend this performance, we encourage you
to call (440) 285-3741 for tickets.

    */The Property Known as Garland
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/garland.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>/*

*by BILLY van ZANDT*

*November 21 - December 6, 2014
Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM*

*Tickets: *$12

*For information see www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/garland.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/garland.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by *LAUREL BRYANT*

Her talent is legendary. Her wit, sublime. Her true story more
electrifying than you'd ever imagine. She is Judy Garland. Adrienne
Barbeau starred in this fictional backstage account of Judy's final
concert appearance penned by her husband, Billy van Zandt (/Love, Sex &
The I.R.S., You've Got Hate Mail/)..

With her wicked wit, Judy dishes the dirt on her co-stars, ex-husbands,
Mr. Mayer and more - taking us down the rocky yellow brick road of her
incredible life.

CVLT's production is an amazing tour de force for CVLT actress *Lisa
Tarr*, who has starred in many productions on our Main Stage and River
Street Playhouse stages, including /The Secret Affairs of Mildred Wild/
and /Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family./ John Hickman stars
along side her as "Ed."

    *Engraved Fundraiser Bricks*

Looking for a unique way to honor someone, commemorate an event, or
advertise your business? Our Brick Paver Fundraiser is still going
strong with plenty of prime spots available! New bricks are installed
each Fall!

Visit www.CVLT.org/bricks
<http://www.CVLT.org/bricks/?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>
to place your tax-deductible order today.

    */Still time to
    Subscribe and Save!

*SUBSCRIPTIONS*
Reserve your favorite seat in the house for all five of our 85th Season
Main Stage productions!

*$66 Regular/Adult Subscription
<https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?subscription=cvlt>*
One ticket to each main stage show. That's 30% off!
*$56 Senior/Student Subscription
<https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?subscription=cvlt>*
One ticket to each main stage show.
That's 22% further below senior discount!

*FLEX PASSES*
Get eight tickets to mix and match for any production - use them all at
once, bring a friend to each show... maximum flexibility and maximum
savings!

*$105 Main Stage Flex Pass
<https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?subscription=cvlt>*
EIGHT tickets to use in any combination for any Main Stage productions.
Save up to $55!
*$50 River Street Playhouse Flex Pass
<https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?subscription=cvlt>*
FIVE tickets to use in any combination for any River Street Playhouse
productions. Save $10!*/
/*

    */Attention Playwrights:
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/10-10.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>/**Submit
    your 10-minute one-acts!*

CVLT began the biennial 10-10 Festival in 2009, putting out the call for
short plays to be performed at its River Street Playhouse, the smaller
venue adjacent to the main theater building. Ten plays would be chosen,
each lasting roughly ten minutes. The first 10-10 that July was a
resounding success, receiving submissions from all over Northeast Ohio
and beyond. The second and third editions were equally a hit. Now The
10-10 is back for its fourth edition!

*The play selection team is now accepting script submissions for
consideration!* If your submission is chosen, your play will be
performed tentatively in July 2015, at the River Street Playhouse a
"black box" environment which seats approximately 65 patrons.

*Plays must be postmarked/emailed no later than April 1, 2015. Complete
details for submission at www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/10-10.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/10-10.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2014>*

*We want to hear your opinions! Please take our brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>*

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> |
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre> |
Instagram.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture
<http://cuyahogaartsandculture.org/>. The Ohio Arts Council
<http://www.oac.state.oh.us/> helps fund our organization with state tax
dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and
cultural enrichment for all Ohioans. Proud member of the American
Association of Community Theatre <http://www.aact2.org>.

CVLT Monthly Email