[NEohioPAL] Free "Information for Foreigners"

Wandering Aesthetics via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Nov 5 21:24:02 PST 2014

Wandering Aesthetics, in collaboration with The Center for Applied Theatre and Active Culture (CATAC), is proud to announce Information for Foreigners as the next play in our monthly play reading series, The Boiling Point.
Information for Foreigners by Argentinian playwright Griselda Gambaro will be read on November 11, 2014 at 8 pm at the Balch Street Theatre, located within the Balch Street Community Center at 220 S. Balch Street in Akron, Ohio.

The Boiling Point is a free event and open to the public. Anyone may come and read a part or simply listen and join the discussion afterwards.

For more information visit www.tinyurl.com/BoilingPoint7 or email watheatre at gmail.com

About the Show:

One of Latin America's most important and prolific writers, Griselda Gambaro has focused on the dynamics of repression, complicity, and violence--specifically, the terror of violent regimes and their devastating effects on the moral framework of society. Information for Foreigners is a drama of disappearance, an experimental work dealing with the theme of random and meaningless punishment in which the audience is led through darkened passageways to a series of nightmarish tableaux.

About the Playwright:

Griselda Gambaro is an Argentine writer, whose novels, plays, short stories, story tales, essays and novels for teenagers often concern the political violence in her home country that would develop into the “Dirty War.”

About The Boiling Point:

The Boiling Point is that wild moment where internal pressures surpass outer, triggering a transformation. “Alternative” plays serve as our fuel to ignite the minds of Akronites. By reading a diverse array of texts, we set ablaze different genres, aesthetics and cultures– especially those works beyond the scope of traditional American theatre. The friction between these new encounters and their resulting conversations will generate the spark of fresh ideas that will take Akron to The Boiling Point.

About Wandering Aesthetics:

We wander in search of America. Through live theatrical performances devised from lived experiences, vigorous research into the American identity and deconstructing great works of Western canon, we forge a new mythology for generations of native Americans severed from their traditional roots. By exploring an array of artistic aesthetics and unique facets of the American identity, we weave a unified montage of what it means to "be an American in the present moment." We grow community, cultivating personal contact as a way to connect diverse tribes living under one Nation.