[NEohioPAL] Canal Fulton Players- The King and I opens on Friday at Northwest High School

David Van Gaasbeek via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Nov 9 20:09:37 PST 2014

It's coming to Canal Fulton's Northwest High School.  The Canal Fulton Players are bringing to you the wonderful Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, The King and I, on November 14-16, 21-23, 2014.  Friday and Saturday performances start at 7:30 pm.  Sunday performances start at 3:00 pm.  Ticket prices are $14.00 for adults and $12.00 for seniors and children under the age of 12.  Tickets can be purchased by either calling David Van Gaasbeek at 330-494-1022, coming to the box office at Puffenberger Auditorium, 8580 Erie Avenue North, Canal Fulton, Ohio between the hours of 7:00-9:00 pm Monday-Thursday, or at the door the night of the performance.  Directed by Sandra Schmeltzer, The King and I is the story of a English woman hired by the King of Siam to teach his children and favored wives in 1863 at the height of the American Civil War, which figures heavily into the events of this story.  David Derry plays the King while the school teacher is played by Elisha Mueller.  David is the chief coordinator for FamilyLife which he operates in Canal Fulton.  Elisha is employed at the Canal Fulton Library.  Both have excellent voices.  Music Director Charles Hass has a fifteen member pit band which includes pianist Phyllis Staver.  Choreographer Anita Artzner has tackled the difficult scene involving the telling of Uncle Tom's Cabin from a Siamese perspective with zest.  Eliza, the main character of the skit, is played by Northwest seventh grader Julie Ovendorf.  Other key members of the cast are Rufus Malone as the Kralahome, Ray Olivera as the Intepreter, Ben Harker as Louis, Matthew Harker as Luc Tau, Michal Donahue as Tuptim.  Faith King as Lady Thiang, Josh Rowe as Sir Charles Ramsey, Kyle Zeitz as Prince Chulalongkorn, Avree Allen as Princess Ying Yaowalak, and Charles Hayward as Captain Orton. As we enter the final week of rehearsal, we are hoping that you will come to Puffenberger Auditorium, 8580 Erie Avenue N, Canal Fulton, Ohio to see the magnificent test of wills between two people who learn to respect and like one another.