[NEohioPAL] an FYI - for those who are interested in my upcoming activities...

Fred Sternfeld via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Nov 17 12:06:14 PST 2014

*I just posted this message to the HBTI facebook page and I re-post it here
as an FYI for any of you who might be interested in my upcoming activities.*
*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

I recently made the decision to relinquish the overall directorship of
Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute.  I love working with the students of
HBTI, so I will still be very involved this summer as the director of the
pulitzer prize and tony award winning Rent, as an instructor and as a
program consultant.

Hathaway Brown School has promoted Bebe Weinberg Katz to the position of
"Director of Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute." She will do a fantastic
job. Congratulations to Bebe!

The reason I have made this decision is to pursue additional goals and
opportunities. Some of the other projects I am working on in 2015: "Towards
Zero" at Coach House Theatre, "The Glass Menagerie" at TrueNorth Theatre,
and "Julius Caesar Set in Africa" at Karamu Theatre.

Additionally, I have been asked by John Thomas, owner of Broadway's
Creative Licensing Group ("The Addams Family," "Cathy Rigby is Peter Pan,"
"Memphis," "Chicago" etc.), and the producers of Broadway's Tony award
nominated "Little Women The Musical" to work with playwright Maria Ciampi
on developing a new musical that will have a staged reading and a workshop
production in Cleveland and perhaps have a life on bigger stages - entitled
"Kris Kringle - The Musical."

I look forward to working with many of you once again this summer at HBTI!

--
Fred Sternfeld
http://www.fredsternfeld.com