[NEohioPAL] One day comedy workshop November 19 in Mentor

doctor celery via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Nov 18 06:40:59 PST 2014

As we did last year, our CCF show this Wednesday at Toth's Place will include a comedy workshop. SINCERE COMEDY: IMPROV AND WRITING TECHNIQUES FOR STAND UP. Participants will be engaged in practical improvisation, acting, and writing exercises that can be used to help find a more personal voice for your comedy. Spontaneity, creativity, generating new material, and thinking on your feet will be some of the qualities covered in this workshop that will help you be more real, more honest, and more sincere.
The instructor has 20 years of experience teaching improv and acting in the United States, Japan, and New Zealand. He currently teaches at Lake Erie College in the Cleveland area. Dr. Jerry Jaffe.
Where: Toth's Place, 6966 Heisley, Mentor, OH 44060
When: November 19, 5 to 7 pm
Cost: 25 dollars (payable at workshop)
Contact Jerry: jcjaffe1000 at hotmail.com

"She went down to the pet shop and came back with two alligators.  We asked her why she'd got two alligators, and she said they were on sale.  Buy one at the regular price and you got another one for a penny.  An alligator one cent sale.  In its own way it made sense."  Richard Brautigan, A CONFEDERATE GENERAL FROM BIG SUR