[NEohioPAL] TRAIL MAGIC opens TONIGHT in Akron! - Runs Friday/Saturday/Sunday

Benjamin Kyle via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Nov 21 10:24:10 PST 2014

*Trail Magic opens tonight at the Balch Street Theatre in Akron at 8 pm. *

*It runs tomorrow (Saturday) at 8 pm and Sunday at 2:30 pm. *

*Tickets are $15 or pay-what-you-can at the door.Call 330.612.3090 for more
information! *

*KNIGHT FOUNDATION ARTICLE
<http://www.knightarts.org/community/akron/trail-magic-to-be-presented-by-wandering-aesthetics-at-balch-street-theatre>*

*AKRONIST ARTICLE & VIDEO*
<http://akronist.com/performance-explores-life-extreme-hiker-trail-pioneer-article-video/>
*RECORD PUBLISHING ARTICLE & VIDEO*
<http://www.hudsonhubtimes.com/entertainment/2014/11/14/theater-brings-appalachia-to-akron-in-trail-magic>

<http://www.hudsonhubtimes.com/entertainment/2014/11/14/theater-brings-appalachia-to-akron-in-trail-magic>

*VINE VIDEOS* <https://vine.co/u/997402259933552640>

Get your tickets at www.trailmagic.brownpapertickets.com

In the meantime, check out *Kyle Jozsa's* Director's Notes:

“You enter the forest at the darkest point, where there is no path.” -
Joseph Campbell

A little over a year ago, I finished my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail.
It was an act of courage.

The Appalachian Trail, all 2,185.9-miles of it, is one of the most
difficult challenges I have ever faced. The Trail was my teacher,
simultaneously simplifying my life while, at the same time, demanding I
muster up every ounce of strength, focus and endurance I had. Beyond that,
the Trail forced me to confront myself for everything I am and everything I
am not.

It’s true that I did not literally blaze my own path. However, I did hike
my own hike. Just like many before me…

Their stories are written on the boulders of Mt. Katahdin and carved into
the dense forests of Virginia. If you listen closely, the winds of the
White Mountains whisper their words.

That’s how I first discovered the story of “Grandma” Emma Gatewood. Raised
in a time when it was better to be widowed than divorced, Emma endured
years of physical, emotional and spiritual abuse.

It took an act of courage to stand up for herself.
It took an act of courage to be herself.
It took an act of courage to love herself.

And that courage carried her a long way…well over 10,000-Miles.

* Trail Magic *explores Emma Gatewood’s character, history and strength
through the eyes of a Trail Angel. A Trail Angel who is willing to offer up
countless acts of kindness to friends and strangers alike.

Join Emma and her Trail Angel as they traverse the peaks and valleys of
Emma’s long, fulfilling life. This too is an act of courage.