[NEohioPAL] Ohio City Theatre Project offers Get Moving, Get Writing! A Playwriting Workshop

S. Greywitt via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Nov 23 16:00:37 PST 2014

Ohio City Theatre Project
offers
Get Moving, Get Writing! A Playwriting Workshop

Do you have writer’s block?  Have you not written for years, and you want
to get inspired?  Do you want to jump start a project and need a little
oomph?  Do you devise theatre and are looking for new ways to create?  Do
you like to free write and see what happens?  This workshop is an
explorative practice in which you practice tools in the acting technique of
Michael Chekhov, weaving in customized writing time throughout, as you are
inspired by the tools we use (character centers, qualities of movement and
atmosphere).  Dramaturgical support and feedback is available (and
completely optional). CPT Nord Playwright Fellow Arwen Mitchell and
actor/director Sarah Greywitt will be facilitating the experience.

*When? * December 6, 2014
10:00am-2:00pm
*Where?* Location TBD in Cleveland, Ohio
*Who is this for?*
Writers, theatre artists or teachers who are interested in finding new ways
to tap into their creative imagination and explore writing through movement.
Fee: $40
$35 if paid in full by Saturday, November 29

Questions and Registration: Email Sarah Greywitt
at sarah at ohiocitytheatreproject.com or call 773-531-1210

*Facilitators:*

*CPT Nord Playwriting Fellow ARWEN MITCHELL* is a Midwest-based writer and
dramaturge.  Some of her produced works include *RPM, Bitter Pills,* *The
Maybe Pile, *and *About Face.  * She is a company member of Ohio City
Theatre Project, and served as dramaturge for their production of *The Bald
Soprano, *and dramaturge/co-creator for their original production of *Free
Radical and The Late Night Sketchbook.  *She is the second Nord Playwriting
Fellowship at Cleveland Public Theatre. Arwen holds an MS in Theatre
History & Criticism from Illinois State University and an MFA in Creative
Writing from Spalding University.   She is a member of the Dramatist's
Guild.

*SARAH GREYWITT* is co-founder of Ohio City Theatre Project and an actor
and director in the Cleveland area.  She has been studying the Michael
Chekhov Acting technique since 2005 with the Chekhov Studio Chicago/The
Moving Dock Theatre Company and the Michael Chekhov Association, where she
studied with a variety of master teachers and students of Michael Chekhov.
In June 2014, she received her teaching certification in the Michael
Chekhov Acting Technique from the Great Lakes Michael Chekhov
Consortium/Kent State University. She has taught at the City Colleges of
Chicago, Foluke Cultural Arts, and the Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute.
She currently teaches theatre and public speaking classes at Cuyahoga
Community College and holds an MA in Drama from Washington University in
St. Louis and an MEd from Kent State University.
*Testimonials from former participants in Michael Chekhov workshops:*

"Not only does Sarah infuse each session with knowledge, wit, and
integrity, she creates an environment of openness and trust, affording
students the time and space to test drive new material at their own pace. I
found her classes to be consistently professional, engaging, relaxed,
informative, and inspiring. Class size was perfect with plenty of time to
work on one’s own, interact, ask questions, and seek out additional
information. Sarah is a most generous and passionate teacher. Whether
you're hoping to take your acting to a deeper level, are in the process of
developing a particular role, curious about Chekhov’s techniques, or simply
in need of a creative recharge, Sarah’s classes are well worth your time."

--Anne McEvoy

"I’m very thankful I took a Michael Chekhov acting workshop with Sarah. I
was amazed and inspired by her ability to help me connect with the material,
blending both the theory behind Chekhov’s technique and the practical
application of those techniques to the script. If you get the chance to
study with Sarah, I would recommend doing so."
--Jim Green

"The class was a great environment to explore a new acting tool. I always
felt comfortable and welcomed by the instructor and other members of the
class. It was a wonderful chance to be a part of a collective learning
environment while discovering my own personal way of learning and applying
the tools learned."

--Corey Knick

"I had the opportunity of attending a couple of Sarah’s classes, recently,
and found her to be an excellent teacher, who provides all her students, no
matter what their experience level may be, the freedom to explore,
experiment and succeed."  --Marcia Mandell
--
Sarah Greywitt
www.ohiocitytheatreproject.com