[NEohioPAL] "10 Most Memorable Moments in Cleveland Theater, 2014 Edition"

Bob Abelman via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Dec 15 10:38:25 PST 2014

10 Most Memorable Moments in Cleveland Theater, 2014 Edition

Bob Abelman

Cleveland Jewish News, The News Herald, The Morning Journal

Member, International Association of Theatre Critics

When we reflect back on a live theatrical production, it is usually a specific moment that we recall - an instant when a playwright's idea, a director's vision, or an actor's performance surpasses an audience's expectations.

Such moments seem frozen in time and suspended in space.  It is these isolated, elusive and brilliant moments that keep theatergoers coming back for more, year after year.

Theatrical missteps and creative miscarriages are similarly memorable and, for the audience if not the performers, they are just as entertaining.  Awe can be found in work both awesome and awful.

Here are ten of this past year's most memorable moments - both fantastic and unfortunate - from productions that have graced Cleveland's professional stages.

For more of this article, please go to:  http://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/features/article_12ed0368-8484-11e4-8218-0bf609699ab0.html