[NEohioPAL] PRESS RELEASE: Chagrin Valley Little Theatre receives major holiday gift from Ohio Rep. Anielski

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Dec 23 12:57:29 PST 2014

  *PRESS RELEASE*
  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Date: 12/23/14

Contact: Andrew Rothman
From: Chagrin Valley Little Theatre

40 River Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44122
Phone: 440-247-8955
E-mail: cvlt at cvlt.org <mailto:cvlt at cvlt.org>
Website: www.cvlt.org <http://www.cvlt.org/>

High-resolution press photos are available for download at
www.CVLT.org/promo <http://www.CVLT.org/promo>

      Chagrin Valley Little Theatre receives major holiday gift from
      Ohio Rep. Anielski

CHAGRIN FALLS, OH - Chagrin Valley Little Theatre, now in its 85th
consecutive year, has received a major boon to its Capital Campaign,
which launched in 2010 with actor Tim Conway as honorary chair. The
primary goal of the campaign is to make much-needed improvements to
CVLT's aging original building at 40 River Street, including handicap
accessibility, upgraded bathrooms, modernized heating and cooling
systems, and enhanced production and rehearsal space. The plans also
include connecting the main building to the adjacent 38 River Street,
which CVLT owns, and to make improvements to CVLT's other property at 56
River Street, which houses costumes and props, as well as CVLT's smaller
second stage, The River Street Playhouse.

On December 23, 2014, State Representative Marlene Anielski (R-Walton
Hills) visited CVLT to announce that an amendment she submitted to
Senate Bill 243 has been approved, appropriating $428,321 to help aid in
the renovation of the Chagrin Valley Little Theatre. "I am pleased that
Governor Kasich and the General Assembly recognized the importance of
maintaining such an invaluable local institution," said Rep Anielski.
"Supporting the arts is crucial in preserving the character and
livelihood of our many villages, townships and cities. I look forward to
the CVLT continuing their wonderful productions with many more
successful years!"

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is a 501c(3) non-profit built and operated
largely by volunteers, including a working Board of Directors comprised
of committees that choose programming, plan building repairs, and direct
the Women's Committee fundraising arm of the Theatre. In addition to the
Board, over 200 people volunteer for the theatre annually, including all
of the actors and singers. CVLT's ticket sales fund their year-round
calendar of live productions, while donations from private citizens and
local businesses, plus funds from Cuyahoga County residents through
Cuyahoga Arts and Culture and funding from the Ohio Arts Council, help
with general operating expenses. The large sums required for serious
physical improvements, however, are more difficult to come by, making
the appropriation of nearly half a million dollars from the State's
Travel and Tourism funds a remarkable gift to the Little Theatre's $2
million campaign, as well as to the surrounding community.

"Rep Anielski's support for the Chagrin Valley Little Theater began
several years ago with a tour and casual performance by our Accent on
Youth Program participants," said Jan Evans, Board of Directors member.
"Her tireless efforts on our behalf are truly appreciated by the
residents of Chagrin and those who regularly attend the plays, orchestra
and film festival performances held at CVLT. This will be an economic
stimulus for the Village as well. We cannot thank Rep. Anielski enough
for her work in bringing state financial help to the much needed capital
improvements for our Theatre."

"State aid provides CVLT with significant financing for major projects
and serves as seed money to encourage community giving to prepare us for
future years," said Theatre President, Tom Neff. Those who wish to
donate to the Capital Campaign may contact the CVLT Box Office at (440)
247-8955 or visit www.CVLT.org/campaign.php to donate online.

###