[NEohioPAL] Musical Theater Audition Workshop with New York actor Bruce Jones!

Brian McNally via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Dec 24 09:49:27 PST 2014

TrueNorth Cultural Arts in partnership with Lorain County Metro Parks is pleased to present...

New York City-based, award-nominated musical theater actor Bruce Jones will be at Saturday, January 3rd from 1pm to 4pm to host a workshop for actors ages 12 and up. The workshop also welcomes observers who wish to watch the work sessions as well as participating in the question answer portion if time allows.

The session will include:
-  Individual coaching for each performer: encouraging performers to bring one full song (or 32 bar cut) and if time allows, we'll hear a second contrasting 32 bar cut. (Sheet music in the right key, memorized and performance ready.)
- As well as a 1-2 minute monologue (optional)
- We will do a quick question and answer session at the end if time allows, about  New York City and Regional auditions, including attire, resumes, head shots,

This workshop is for performers (experienced, aspiring, and everything in between) who want to hone their ability to understand character relationships and effectively communicate in their performance with specificity, and how using that specificity we can use our emotional tools to create an unforgettable honest performance. Bruce will assist artists, educators, performers in the craft of singing, acting and storytelling. In a safe space.

Space is limited so reserve your spot as soon as possible!
More About Bruce:
Born and raised in Lorain, Ohio until moving to New York City at the age of 18. He was recently seen in the of the 2014 Broadway National Tour of the musical HAIR (which was nominated for 2014 BroadwayWorld Award) where he was the first actor of color to play the role of "Woof" in any major production. The tour originated in Canada and played over 88 cities in the US (including the Stocker Arts Center). He's gained many credits working in New York City, Off Broadway (1st Revival of MARIE CHRISTINE), Off-Off Broadway, and regionally (including TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, HONK at TrueNorth as one of their first Acting Interns and Teaching Artists).

COST
$20 per participant
$15 for TrueNorth Members

For registration or more info call (440) 949-5200 ext 221 or visit TNCArts.org (internet sales end 12pm, New Year's Eve)

TrueNorth Cultural Arts is located within the French Creek Nature & Arts Center / 4530 Colorado Ave / Sheffield Village / 44054