[NEohioPAL] Heartwarming Comedy, Auditions, Improv and more - January Events at CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Jan 1 13:50:55 PST 2015

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  January 2015 News & Events

www.CVLT.org
<http://www.CVLT.org>440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Instagram.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://instagram.com/ChagrinTheatre>

    Happening in January…

  * *January 4 - January 24:* Improv Class: Introduction to the Harold
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>
  * *January 10 - March 1:* Youth Theatre Classes, Winter Session
    <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>
  * *January 16 - February 7:* THINGS MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/mother.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>
    (Comedy)
  * *January 18 - 19:* AUDITIONS for A TALENT FOR MURDER
    <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>
  * *January 24:* A Celebration of the Life of Patrick Mazzarino
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/pat.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>

    Coming in February…

  * *February 1:* Improv Class: Theatrical Clowning for Improvisers
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>
  * *February 13 & 14:* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Valentine Concert
  * *February 15 - March 22:* Improv Class: Improv for the Completely
    Terrified
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>
  * *February 20 - March 7:* THE REAL INSPECTOR HOUND
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/inspectorhound.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>
    (Comedy/Mystery)
  * *Febaruary 28 - March 1:* Youth Theatre presents "King Arthur and
    the Sword in the Stone <inspectorhound.php>"
    <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>

    Happy New Year!

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre certainly ended 2014 with a bang,
presenting our best-selling New Year's cabaret yet, fantastic
productions of /Oliver!/ and /The Property Known As Garland/, the Studio
Orchestra's wonderful Christmas Wassail concert, and a packed
Gingerbread Tea. And of course, the major news that CVLT will be
receiving a $428,321 gift toward our Capital Campaign
<http://www.cvlt.org/campaign.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>
from the State of Ohio. Watch this newsletter and our Facebook or
Twitter accounts for more news on our exciting renovation plans will be
coming later in the year.

We are looking forward to a wonderful 2015 here at CVLT, and we look
forward to sharing it with you!

    */Things My Mother Taught Me
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/mother.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>/*

*by KATHERINE DiSAVINO*

*January 16 - February 7, 2015
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM*

*Tickets: * $18 regular, $14 student/senior

*For information see www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/mother.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/mother.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>

or call 440-247-8955*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is ready to warm up your heart in January
with the Katherine DiSavino comedy THINGS MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME. Olivia
(Natalie Dolezal) and Gabe (Adam Donnelly) are starting their new life
together and are moving into their own apartment in Chicago.

They've just packed up all of their belongings and driven halfway across
the country, but their moving day becomes a little "crowded" when both
sets of parents (Rose Gabriele, Mark Moore, Sue Cohen, and James Barron)
and their superintendent (Mim Goloboff) decide to show up to help!

With cleaning products and bottles of honey vodka in hand, they all
offer Gabe and Olivia their own advice on life and how things should
really be done. Can a two bedroom apartment contain all of the love,
laughs, worry and wisdom that's about to happen?

    */Improv Classes
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>/*

*with Tracy Cubbal*

*For more information see www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/improv.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Introduction to the Harold
January 4 - January 25 (4 weeks, $100)
Sundays, 2:00 - 4:30 p.m. *

This class will introduce improv students to the Harold, the foundation
of long form structures developed at Chicago's iO Theater. The focus
will be on developing relationships in two-person scenes. Other topics
covered will include organic openings, group scenes, and callbacks. Some
previous experience with theatrical improvisation is required.

*UPCOMING CLASSES: *

/Theatrical Clowning for Improvisers /
February 1 (1 day, $30)
Sunday, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.

/Improv for the Completely Terrified
/February 15 - March 22 (6 weeks, $150)
Sunday afternoons, Time TBA

    OPEN AUDITIONS JAN 18 & 19: "A TALENT FOR MURDER"

by JEROME CHODOROV & NORMAN PANAMA

A wheelchair-bound, internationally successful mystery novelist owns a
priceless art collection that her relatives just might just kill to
possess. Her live-in doctor (and ex-lover) and butler may be her only
allies. This award-winning play, made famous by Angela Lansbury and Sir
Laurence Olivier for BBC TV, will keep you guessing and even laughing.

*Auditions: January 18 & 19, 2015 at 7 PM*
Auditions at 38 River Street (Red Barn)
Callbacks, if needed would be on Tuesday, January 20 at 7pm

Directed by Claudia Lillibridge
Show Dates: Mar. 27 - Apr. 18, 2015

*AUDITION INFO:*
4 Men (between the ages of 30 to 80)
3 Women (between the ages of 25 t0 80)

Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Acting resumes and
headshots are welcome (although not required). Rehearsals will be
Sundays - Wednesdays, 7pm to 9pm. Not everyone will have to be at all
rehearsals. The show will be blocked during the first week and then
section rehearsals from that point on. Cast will be expected off book no
later than full-tech on Sunday, March 22 (2 pm). No rehearsal March 24.

    */Remembering Pat Mazzarino
    <http://www.cvlt.org/85thSeason/pat.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2015>/*

*A Celebration of Life

JANUARY 24, 1:30 PM *

The CVLT family lost our dear friend and performer of over 40 years,
Patrick Mazzarino, on November 15, 2014. On January 24th at 1:30 PM, we
will celebrate his life with songs and memories. We invite anyone who
knew and loved him to send their fond memories, photos, or video clips
to pat at cvlt.org <mailto:pat at cvlt.org> for possible inclusion in the
event. A light reception will follow.

Pat first appeared on our stage in 1972 and has since appeared in over
250 musicals around the country. His big voice and big personality came
through as he sang at hundreds of concerts, weddings and other events
throughout the area. He appeared on the stage Off -Broadway, in Las
Vegas and in fourteen different productions of /Guys & Dolls/, including
a tour with Nathan Lane. He also appeared in three producitions of
/Chicago/, and three productions of /Evita/.

Although Pat performed on every major stage in Cleveland, he always
called CVLT his home, and was a regular star of our New Year's Eve
cabarets, Murder By The Falls events, and served as promoter for CVLT
and for the Chagrin Documentary Film Festival. He assisted with
publicity for a variety of other Cleveland-area venues, and was listed
with The Talent Group. Pat will be missed by many in so many ways.

*We want to hear your opinions! Please take our brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>*

*CVLT.org • 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> |
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre> |
Instagram.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture
<http://cuyahogaartsandculture.org/>. The Ohio Arts Council
<http://www.oac.state.oh.us/> helps fund our organization with state tax
dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and
cultural enrichment for all Ohioans. Proud member of the American
Association of Community Theatre <http://www.aact2.org>.