[NEohioPAL] Auditions for SHREK THE MUSICAL at Near West Theatre

Kelcie Dugger via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jan 5 12:08:26 PST 2015

SHREK THE MUSICAL - Ages 7 and up

AUDITION DATES:
Jan. 20, 21 and 22, 2015
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Ages 7-12 - 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Ages 13 and up - 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

This is a group audition. Come one of these evenings.
Plan to stay for the entire time specified.

AUDITION SITE:
West Side United Church of Christ
3800 Bridge Avenue, Cleveland
Arrive 15 minutes before audition time to register.

ABOUT THE AUDITION:
All principal and company roles open. Large, diverse cast sought. Huge production numbers throughout. True ensemble theatre! Audition conducted in a relaxed, friendly, group-oriented atmosphere. No experience or preparation required. Dress for movement.

ABOUT THE SHOW:
Book and lyrics by David Lindsay-Abaire
Music by Jean Tesori
Originally produced on Broadway by DreamWorks Theatricals and Neal Street Productions

PERFORMANCE SITE:
Near West Theatre
6702 Detroit Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44102

This spectacular family musical will be the first show ever produced on our brand-new main stage in the Gordon Square Arts District. Fly space high above the stage and a pipe grid over the audience will carry a new lighting and sound system and provide us with technical possibilities we've never had. We seek a large cast of 50 or more diverse children, teens and adults to embody a story that's more than a funny fairy tale. Cast members will "let their freak flag fly" while exploring the poignancy as well as the fun in this energetic comedy. Persons of all ages, ethnicities, genders, sizes and physical abilities or challenges are encouraged to audition. There are multiple principle roles and the company plays a large range of characters, including fairy-tale creatures, an angry mob, guards, rats, knights and many more! Huge production numbers throughout. True ensemble theatre!

The show runs April 24, 25; May 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16 and 17
Rehearsals start Feb. 15.

Near West Theatre Info

Phone Number: 216-961-9750

Email: info at nearwesttheatre.org<mailto:info at nearwesttheatre.org>

Business Office: 6516 Detroit Ave., STE 9, Cleveland, OH 44102