[NEohioPAL] Is learning how to partner dance one of your New Year resolutions?

Valerie Salstrom via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jan 5 23:11:12 PST 2015

We have quite an offer for you!

Crush your bucket list this year! We have a one size fits all New Year's resolution for sale right here! Want to become more fit? Check! Want to try something new? Check! Want to increase your social circle? Check! Want to get outside of your comfort zone? Check! Want to stay home with your 16 cats more? Umm...no. Want to meet the love of your life? Ha! We aren't miracle workers here! However, you will end up with lots of great new friends and a brand new skill set that will instantly make you the life of the party! (or at least not a wall flower)

Learn the easiest form of partnered dancing – The Jitterbug! Also known as East Coast Swing or just Swing. We will dance to a variety of styles of music including big band swing, early rock & roll, blues and R & B! You will learn the basic footwork patterns and how to lead and follow a fun mix of spins and turns
in open and closed position. Learning to swing dance is a great way to meet people and get some exercise too!

You do NOT need a partner to take this class however, there is a discounted rate for people who sign up as a couple with one person assuming the role of leader and the other person assuming the role of follower.

Please wear shoes that are comfortable and will allow you to pivot and twist. Comfy attire is a good idea too.

# Classes: 5

Length: 1 hr.

Time: 7:00 to 8:00 pm.