[NEohioPAL] Vanity Crash & Miss Melvis - Sat Jan 10 - Grillers Parma

Vanitycrash via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jan 6 09:12:21 PST 2015

Last year was a cool year for Vanity Crash and we are planning exciting
things for 2015, like this Saturday, January 10th at Griller’s Pub in Parma.
This will be a special night, for it will be the official debut of Miss
Melvis on guitar. Miss Melvis was a member of the Cleveland Public Theatre
production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which ended up spawning Vanity
Crash. Having a long musical history in Cleveland and Austin and her
on-going solo project, Miss Melvis will bring an interesting element to
Vanity Crash.

We expect to hit Griller’s stage at 10pm. Every time we have played
Griller’s it has been fantastic. The audience has been extremely
appreciative, the bar staff super friendly and they serve up the best pub
food around. Come early and check out the other great rockers like our
friends The Lowlies and The Clifton Beat. Music starts at 8pm.

A 2014 Look Back
We started the year with the fortunate addition of Sean Michael on guitar.
Sean blew us away, not only with his amazing guitar playing, but also with
his maturity well beyond his sixteen years of age. If I had a kid, I would
be thrilled to have one modeled after Sean. Unfortunately his junior year of
high school with advance studies and his part-time work made it difficult to
continue with Vanity Crash. Sean has since joined some peers to form Smokey
Junction. Check them out at this year’s Rock Hall High School Rock Off.

Some highlights of the year include our usual every other first Friday of
the month shows at the 5 O’clock Lounge which included the killer debut of
Sean and the Elizabeth Ross Yurich book release show. Probably the best show
was our album release show with the Nashvillian Allison Bencar at the
Beachland Tavern. That night everything just fell together along with a pack
house of our fans. Shakers Tavern became an new steady venue, though the one
outdoor performance ended in a torrential downpour. We are deeply indebted
to our fans and the patrons of Shakers for getting soaked to the bone
helping us safely and quickly breakdown. Our most visceral show was at the
Stone Tavern in Kent where fans danced and sweated with us through our set.
We had some interesting shows like playing in the middle of Ray’s Indoor
Mountain Bike Park with bikes zooming all around us, doing the Something
Dada anniversary show to a full house at the Beck’s main stage, and
squeezing in some Brent Kirby’s 10x3 showcases at Brother’s Lounge.

Lastly, but most importantly is we had tremendous support from our fans
throughout the year. You guys are the reason we do it. Also thanks to all
the new fans that have discovered us, all the cool bands we have had the
pleasure to perform with and all the venues that gave us a performance
outlet.

For the coming year we will continue our first Friday of the month shows at
both the 5 O’clock in Lakewood and Shaker’s Tavern in Parma.
Fri Feb 6 - 5 o'clock
Fri Mar 6 - Shakers
Fri Apr 3 - 5 o'clock
Fri May 1 - Shakers
Fri Jun 5 - 5 o'clock

Get our latest release, Rock N Roll Junkie, one of our warm hoodies, a
sporty t-shirt, shot glasses, and more. Go here to order:
https://mkt.com/vanity-crash

Request our single, "She's Not There" at the follow fine radio stations:
WCSB - (216) 687-3515
WRUW - (216) 368-2208
WJCU - (216) 397-4438
WBWC - (440) 826-STING (7846)

Griller's Pub - NO COVER - 5455 State Rd, Parma 44134
Saturday, January 10, 8:00pm show
***
featuring:
Stupid Beautiful Heaven