[NEohioPAL] Heights Youth Theatre Holding Auditions for Disney's A Little Mermaid Jr. on January 20 & 21!

Pamela Fine via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Jan 16 09:13:43 PST 2015

Heights Youth Theatre Announces Auditions for

*Disney's A Little Mermaid Jr. **directed & choreographed by Pierre-Jacques
Brault  & music directed by Stacy Bolton*

Auditions open to anyone in grades 1-12:

*Tuesday, January 20 *

*- open call beginning at 5:30 pm, must be there by 8:00 pm to be seen*

*Wednesday, January 21 - open call beginning at 5:30 pm, must be there by
8:00 pm to be seen*

Please note:  If you are not available to audition on either of these dates
please e-mail heightsyouththeatre at gmail.com

*Callbacks - by invitation only on Thursday, January 22*

Location: *Monticello Middle School, 3665 Monticello Blvd, Cleveland
Heights, Ohio  44118*

All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional
casting.  Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in
cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.

*What to prepare:*

*Grades 6-12 *

1.     One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie-
one verse and one chorus).

2.     Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet
music.

3.     Come prepared to move.

*Grades 1-3*

   1. Please learn the following lyrics from Under Sea (we will help you
   practice a little before you sing alone)

*The seaweed is always greener  In somebody else's lake  You dream about
   going up there  But that is a big mistake  Just look at the world around
   you  Right here on the ocean floor  Such wonderful things surround you
   What more is you lookin' for?*
   *Under the sea, under the sea *
   *Darling it's better down where it's wetter *
   *Take it from me*

   2. Come prepared to move.

*Grades 4-5 (Girls)*

   1. Please learn the following lyrics from She's in Love (we will help
   you practice a little before you sing alone)

*She’s dizzy and she’s dreamyHer head’s up in the foamHer eyes have gone
all gleamyIt’s like there’s no one homeShe floats away the daysMopin’ on
the coastal shelf*
*OR*

*Gosh, I wish we had a clue!Oh, wait! Oh, dear!Good grief! It’s
clear...She’s in love!She’s in love!Pounding heart! Ringing bells!*

2. Come prepared to move.

*Grades 4-5 (Boys)*

   1. Please learn the following lyrics from Fathoms’ Below (we will help
   you practice a little before you sing alone)

   *Fathoms below, below!*
   *From whence wayward westerlies blow*
   *Where Triton is king, and his merpeople sing*

*In mysterious fathoms below. *

   2. Come prepared to move.

We will be looking for the following when you audition:

   - Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
   - Solid sense of beat and rhythm
   - Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
   - Positive Behavior

Everyone please bring headshot or photo (Resume optional) and *fill out
audition form, found on the website, prior to coming to audition.*

*Rehearsals begin: * Monday, January 26th.  Rehearsals will be Mon-Fri,
5:00-8:30 pm. You will not be called every day, only when you are needed to
work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals as well as all performances is
mandatory.

*Production Dates*
*:*
Friday, March 6 and 13, 7 PM
Saturday, March 7 and 14, 2 PM
Sunday, March 8 and 15, 2 PM

*for more details visit www.heightsyouththeatre.org
<http://www.heightsyouththeatre.org/>*
Heights Youth Theatre is made possible by the generous support of
Eaton Charitable
Fund and the Ohio Arts Council