[NEohioPAL] GREAT LAKES MEDIEVAL FAIRE 2015 AUDITIONS

cast directors via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Jan 18 23:31:09 PST 2015

*GREAT LAKES MEDIEVAL FAIRE*

*2015 CAST AUDITIONS*

Auditions for the 2015 season of the Great Lakes Medieval Faire will be
held March 21st and 22nd, as well as March 28th and 29th from 10 am to 5
pm, at the Geneva Lodge and Conference Center, 4888 N Broadway, Geneva, OH
44041.

Please have prepared a 1-3 minute monologue of your choice, as well as a
current theater resume and headshot. Any special skills like juggling,
stage combat, or musical talents are welcome and highly encouraged.

Light improvisational work will be done as part of the audition.

We are looking to cast actors of all experience levels to make up our
street cast. Rehearsals will begin April 25th for beginners and second year
returning cast members, May 2nd for cast members returning for their third
year or more, and run every Saturday and Sunday through June. Show dates
will begin July 11th, and run every Saturday and Sunday through August 16th.

This is a volunteer job, and no AEA contracts are available.

For any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the Great Lakes Medieval
Faire Street Cast,  such as inquiries about performance or rehearsal dates,
availability issues, alternate audition dates, or ‘stage crew’ options,
including opportunities to manage the re-decorating and renovating of
current themed areas of the faire,  please email us at glmfcast at gmail.com

To schedule an audition, please call director Eben Young at 216-978-9478,
or assistant director Emily McGrath at 440-319-7016.

Auditions may also be scheduled by emailing the directors at
glmfcast at gmail.com

____________________

For the 2015 season, we will be presenting the story of The Prince and the
Pauper. We are in need of the following roles to comprise our principal
cast*:

Principal Roles

   -

   Edward, The Prince
   -

   Tom, The Pauper
   -

   Miles, Best Friend to The Prince, a duke
   -

   Olivia, Best Friend to The Pauper/love interest to the prince
   -

   Elizabeth, Prince's Fiancee/love interest to the pauper
   -

   Edith, chaperon for the day
   -

   Alfred, chaperon for the day
   -

   Garrett, Knight Captain/antagonist

*Principal roles will be required to attend all performance dates.

If you are auditioning for a principal role, please tailor your monologue
accordingly. Ex: if you are auditioning for the prince, choose a monologue
that would exemplify a prince, if you are auditioning for the villain,
something villainous would be preferred.

Of course, any show is not solely comprised of it’s principal cast. We, as
stated before, will be filling an entire medieval village with a diverse
cast of characters. Our street cast is comprised of residents of the town (
peasants), nobility visiting the village for the festival, faeries,
travelers, rogues and highwaymen, a group new to our cast this year.

We also will accept ideas for original characters any auditioning person
may wish to bring to our cast.

Any questions regarding groups or roles can be sent to the above email
address, and will be responded to ASAP.