[NEohioPAL] Grandma Gatewood Goes To Washington!

Bette Lou Higgins via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jan 27 17:41:07 PST 2015

As we get closer to the completion of our documentary about
<http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/gtwdinf.htm> Grandma
Emma Gatewood (first woman to solo thru-hike the 2,500 mile Appalachian
Trail) interest in her story and our project is increasing!  Don't forget
the documentary will premier on Friday, May 29, 2015 at TrueNorth Cultural
Arts.  Watch our  <http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/calendar.htm> calendar
page for details.

On January 5, Ms. Diana Reese wrote a wonderful article for the
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2015/01/05/grandma-ga
tewood-survived-domestic-violence-to-walk-the-appalachian-trail-alone-at-67/
> Washington Post (It's also available on
<http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/reesedstory.pdf> our
site).  We send a big thank you to Ms. Reese for helping us get Emma's story
out!

In the meantime, we are working on details for a presentation of TRAIL MAGIC
(Kelly Boyer-Sagert's one-act play about Grandma) at the
<http://buckeyetrail.org/> Buckeye TrailFest on Friday, May 15. (Emma was a
founder of the Buckeye Trail Association.) Details will be available on
their website and on our  <http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/calendar.htm>
calendar page as soon as details are completed.  So keep an eye out for
that!

Speaking of calendars -- we still have a lot of programs coming up and
things change quickly so do check the
<http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/calendar.htm> calendar often so you don't
miss anything!  If you'd like to be on our calendar by booking a program,
just reply to this e-mail and ask for information!  Be aware that because we
are in the final phase of completing our work on the Grandma Gatewood
project, availability for program dates this year are VERY limited.)

We're looking forward to an exciting year and to seeing you at one or more
of our EVEnts!

Bette Lou Higgins
Artistic Director
Eden Valley Enterprises