[NEohioPAL] The Pianist of Willesden Lane - FREE Upcoming InsideCPH Events

Melissa Huber via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Feb 9 07:12:09 PST 2015

FINAL WEEK!  Now through February 15th at the Allen Theatre:  Five Guys Named Moe, an exhilarating, all-embracing musical experience that features dozen of whimsical hit songs from the extraordinary Louis Jordan.  Tickets for students are $15, and tickets for anyone under 35 are $25 - for more information, please go to clevelandplayhouse.com<http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com/>.

Coming soon to the Allen Theatre:  Mona Golabek in The Pianist of Willesden Lane, a deeply moving story infused with hope and the life-affirming power of music, February 27 - March 22.  And with our FREE InsideCPH programs you'll get up-close-and-personal with the people and processes that make our work happen, all in a fun, informal and interactive setting.

Script Club - Free & in your neighborhood!
CPH is pleased to partner with Facing History and Ourselves for this special "Book to Script" Club event.  We'll be reading Mona Golabek's best-selling novel about her mother's experience of the Kindertransport, The Children of Willesden Lane, which inspired the stage adaptation in which she stars. With experts from Facing History we'll discuss the story and its themes and historical content, while CPH artistic staff provide unique insight on the process of adapting the story for the stage.  RSVP to your library branch required.
Wednesday, February 18:  Cleveland Heights Library - Lee Road Branch- 7:00-8:15pm
            Call 216-932-3600 or visit http://heightslibrary.org/library-information/lee-road/
Wednesday, February 25: Medina County District Library - Main Branch - 7:00-8:15pm
      Call 330-725-0588 or visit www.mcdl.info<http://www.mcdl.info>
            Thursday, February 26:  Cuyahoga County Public Library - Beachwood Branch - 7:00-8:15pm
                        Call 216-831-6868 or visit http://www.cuyahogalibrary.org/Branches/Beachwood.aspx

Behind-the-Scenes: Put Your Story in the Spotlight - Free & open to the public!
Saturday, February 28 @ 11:00am - 12:30pm
Pianist Mona Golabek told her mother's amazing story in an acclaimed book, and now she's brought it to life on stage-and you can do the same. Join Golabek, CPH Playwrights Unit member Eric Schmiedl, and local theatre artist and writing coach Lisa Beth Allen, for conversation and pen-to-paper activities to help you put your story on the page, or the stage.  RSVP to insidecph at clevelandplayhouse.com<mailto:insidecph at clevelandplayhouse.com> required. Details sent upon registration.

Pre-Show Conversations - Free for all ticketholders!
These fun and interactive 25-minute conversations happen right before the show in the Allen Theatre Complex. Pull back the curtain early and connect with the world of the play in an engaging and relaxed setting, beginning 45 minutes before every performance.