[NEohioPAL] Swing Time Big Band plays at the Slovenian Workmen's Home swing dance on Saturday, Feb 28th. $5 for newbies.

Valerie Salstrom via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Feb 24 06:04:47 PST 2015

This will be an amazing night of swing music and swing dancing!

Be sure to arrive in time to take part in the easy jitterbug lesson from 8pm to 9pm. We always review the basic Jitterbug step, talk about the basics of leading and following, and then show a few new moves. Each lesson is unique and you will always pick up new moves and hints each time you attend a pre-dance lesson at a Get Hep Swing event. These lessons are appropriate for brand spankin' new dancers all the way up to advanced dancers. You will not be disappointed!

Immediately after the lesson (at 9 PM) Swing Time Big Band will kick off an awesome night of music and swing dancing until 12am.  Their vocalist sounds like Joe Williams!!  <3

Check out Swing Time here! http://clevelandswingdancing.com/index.php

Everyone is welcome to come and have fun with us at the swing dance. There is no need to have previous dance experience or a dance partner. We rotate partners during the lesson so you will have the chance to meet and dance with lots and lots of people before the live music even begins!

No need to make reservations or buy tickets in advance. The event is $12 per person. No need to RSVP. Just show up and have fun! We have lots and lots of room for you and all of your friends!

The Waterloo Ballroom at the Slovenian Workmen's Home is located in the very artsy and lively Collinwood neighborhood. The address is 15335 Waterloo Rd, Cleveland, Ohio 44110.

The Slovenian not only has a beautiful ballroom; they also have a well stocked bar. They have alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks of all kinds for sale--including a very special Slovenian beer- Lasko! There will also be some sweet and savory snacks for sale as well.

The sign for the Slovenian has been taken down so please look for the sign for Waterloo Brew. Our entrance is just to the left of them. There are TWO parking lots to the right of the ballroom and there is also some street parking as well. We also have a security guard who keeps an eye on the hall and both parking lots.

After the dance we will head over to Waterloo Brew to socialize, drink, eat FREE PIZZA and maybe dance some more. We had almost 50 people join us after the dance last month and I imagine we will get a similar group going this time too. The good news is that Waterloo Brew is right next door to the Slovenian. In fact, they are connected! Not only will you not have to get in your car, you won't even have to go outside! There is a door that connects the Slovenian to Waterloo Brew right near the entrance to the Slovenian.

For more info please email Valerie at info at gethepswing.com Please seewww.GetHepSwing.com for the most up to date information on dances, bands playing at the dances, classes, private lessons, school programs, and special topic workshops.

Valerie Salstrom
Owner of Get Hep Swing, Ltd.
216-374-1927
info at GetHepSwing.com