[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players Seeking Directors for 2016-2017 Season

Workshop Players via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Mar 2 14:48:56 PST 2015

Workshop Players is calling for director submissions!

Workshop Players in Amherst is the longest running theater-in-the-round in
Ohio with 68 years to our credit. We look forward to the possibility of you
lending your talents to our artistic family.

To apply to direct in our 2016-2017 season please submit the following by
April 1st.

1) a theatrical resume (which may be informal)

2) your reason(s) for wanting to direct in our space

3) a list and brief description of 4-5 plays you would like to direct
(chances of being chosen increase if more than one show is suggested).
Including musicals, holiday selections and plays with name recognition or
plays by playwrights familiar to the public are especially welcome.

You may send your application via e-mail to pprice203 at gmail.com

Potential directors who have submitted applications will present 4-5
choices of plays to Workshop’s Board of Trustees early April. Trustees will
then select and make a commitment to the five directors for the 2016-2017
season. The Play Reading Committee will then read and discuss all the plays
submitted. Their process will culminate in individual meetings with the
five directors in August of 2014. By this year’s end the season will be
selected.

Though Workshop is an entirely volunteer organization with no stipends for
directing, I know that you would find working at our theater to be
rewarding. We strive to create a comfortable, family like environment as we
all work together in our intimate space.

We very much look forward to hearing from you.

Pat Price, Play Reading Committee Chair

--

Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001

* (Box Office hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.) contact at workshopplayers.com
<contact at workshopplayers.com> www.workshopplayers.com
<http://www.workshopplayers.com> *"If all the world's a stage, I want
better lighting!"