[NEohioPAL] LCCC to Present 36th Annual Masterworks Concert on Saturday, March 14

Kimberly Carrasquillo via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Mar 3 08:05:43 PST 2015

LCCC to Present 36th Annual Masterworks Concert on Saturday, March 14

Lorain County Community College's 36th Annual Masterworks Concert will
be held at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 14 in the Stocker Arts Center Hoke
Theatre.

The concert will feature the newly composed major work "Requiem for the
Living" by Dan Forrest. The concert will be performed by the Civic
Chorale, Collegiate Chorale and Civic Orchestra and conducted by Nancy
Davis, director of choral music performance.

The five-movement work creates a beautiful rich musical tapestry and
evokes peace, rest, and eternal light. The second movement is entitled
"Vanity of Vanities" and resembles the rhythmic percussive style of
Orff's "Carmina Burana."  Photos from the Hubble Telescope - which
Forrest described as "images of God" - were the inspiration for the
Sanctus (Holy) movement.

The concert program will also include:

"I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes" - John Rutter

"Lacrymosa" - Mozart, Requiem

"Wondrous Love" - arr. Parker/Shaw

"Hark, I Hear the Harps Eternal" - arr. Parker

Tickets are $8 and may be purchased online: www.stockerartscenter.com or
at the Stocker Arts Center box office by calling (440) 366-4040.

Kim Carrasquillo | Writer/Project Manager, Marketing and Outreach
Initiatives
Lorain County Community College | 1005 N Abbe Road | Elyria, Ohio 44035
t: 440.366.4822  f: 440.366.4113  e: kcarrasq at lorainccc.edu

  <http://www.lorainccc.edu/>     <http://www.lorainccc.edu/up>
<http://facebook.com/lorainccc>    <http://twitter.com/lorainccc>
<http://www.youtube.com/lcccwebvideo>