[NEohioPAL] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Revel with Theater Ninjas at The Grand Celebration of the Celestial Mystery

Ray Caspio via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Mar 3 12:51:18 PST 2015

Revel with Theater Ninjas
at The Grand Celebration of the Celestial Mystery

Cleveland, Ohio, March 3, 2015 — You are invited to join an elite cabal of mad revelers and decadent cultists in an immersive theatrical party unlike any other. The Grand Celebration of the Celestial Mystery is an original Theater Ninjas event that mashes up secret societies, contemporary civic politics, TED Talks, ancient mythology, astrology and Kungfu movies in order to understand the sacrifices people make for their home.

The play revolves around a new local chapter of a long forgotten secret society. As the members of this esoteric group debate Cleveland's future, they become possessed by strange gods who reenact ancient myths and legends about the founding of the first cities. The fate of Cleveland and the secrets of lost civilizations lie at the heart of the Celestial Mystery.

Creating this story are an incredible ensemble of local performers, designers and musicians who draw on their own experiences and relationships to their home. In addition to the artists involved, local civic leaders, entrepreneurs and advocates are advising the production so that the real opportunities and challenges that face Cleveland are reflected in the final story.

“It’s undeniable that Cleveland feels different today than it did five, 10 or 20 years ago,” said director Jeremy Paul. “There’s a change in the way people view their city, and every day there’s more interest in making our home an amazing place to live. We want to know: will it last? It feels like Cleveland is at a defining moment, when the future of the city will be decided by the decisions made today.”

The Grand Celebration of the Celestial Mystery will be performed at Negative Space Gallery located in the Asian Town Center in the Superior-St. Clair neighborhood for one weekend only. "As part of the Preludes system—Theater Ninjas’ developing method of making original work—we will be offering the chance to experience of the Celestial Mystery for just one weekend. We’ll continue to reveal more parts of the story over the coming years,” Artistic Director Paul promises.

The Grand Celebration of the Celestial Mystery is supported in part by The George Gund Foundation and Cuyahoga Arts and Culture.

Theater Ninjas is the Food Truck of Cleveland Theater. We’re a nomadic company who seeks out new and exciting spaces to perform. Working in non-traditional venues gives us an opportunity to reimagine how and why we tell stories, and helps us to create deep, fascinating worlds for the audience to explore. We’re always experimenting; always rethinking what theater can be: as entertainment, as art and as out-of-the-ordinary experiences.