[NEohioPAL] Theater Ninjas Creative Expression Workshop @ the LGBT Community Center

Ray Caspio via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Mar 3 18:32:12 PST 2015

Theater Ninjas Creative Expression Workshop
Open to LGBTQ youth, ages 12-17
Led by Theater Ninjas’ Associate Artistic Director, Ray Caspio

Registration required: e-mail rcaspio [at] theaterninjas [dot] com

Monday, March 9th
6:00-7:30pm
at the LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland
6600 Detroit Ave, Cleveland
http://www.lgbtcleveland.org/youth--young-adult-programs.html

Participants will learn theater games and performance techniques to build confidence, awareness, and improve speaking skills while encouraging personal and creative expression.

Please wear loose clothing you are comfortable moving in (no jeans) and tennis shoes!

Ray Caspio is a performer, writer, illustrator, educator and a veteran of 18 original theatrical productions. As Associate Artistic Director, Ray aids in the creation and implementation of Theater Ninjas programming. Ninjas’ credits include TingleTangle (conceiver & performer), Code: Preludes, The Excavation & Ninja Days @ the Cleveland Museum of Art, Black Cat Lost, Marble Cities and Telephone. Ray is also a Teaching Artist in Theater Ninjas collaboration with PlayhouseSquare. He is the creator of the Uncle Toots web series, and starred in the multiple award-winning short film, Loss Prevention. His training includes Alba Emoting, Michael Chekhov and Eccentric Performing. Ray's original work explores queer identity and the performer-audience connection.

Theater Ninjas is the Food Truck of Cleveland Theater. We’re a nomadic company who seeks out new and exciting spaces to perform. Working in non-traditional venues gives us an opportunity to reimagine how and why we tell stories, and helps us to create deep, fascinating worlds for the audience to explore. We’re always experimenting; always rethinking what theater can be: as entertainment, as art and as out-of-the-ordinary experiences.