[NEohioPAL] Web Series auditions

via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Mar 7 05:10:31 PST 2015

COLT NAVY – A J.Alden Cooper Mystery is the pilot episode for a new web series. College student Ben Ames has been murdered while jogging in the early morning. All evidence points to a jealous rival, Todd Bradford. Rookie Detective Frank Atwell is not convinced of Bradford's guilt, so he turns to his former mentor, J. Alden Cooper. Professor Cooper reveals the identity of the murderer in the midst of a lecture in his Criminal Investigation class.
 This is a Micro-Budget production, being filmed in and around Willoughby, OH. Shooting is scheduled for May/June 2015. Compensation will be IMDb credit.

 Principal Characters
 J. Alden Cooper: 60's. Distinguished professor and criminologist (Already cast)
 Detective Frank Atwell: 20's. Handsome rookie detective working his first case
 Todd Bradford: 20's. College student, history major, rather obnoxious and rude, know-it-all. Tall. Brenda's ex-boyfriend
 Ben Ames: 20's. College student. Bradford's rival. Brenda's current boyfriend
 Brenda: 20's. Attractive college student.
 Jennifer: 20's. College student
 David Johnson: 20's. College student, short, wimpy
 Chief of Detectives: Any age, seasoned police detective.
 To Audition:
 Step 1 – Send headshot and resume to jaldencoopermysteries at gmail.com. Put the name of the character(s) for which you would like to audition in the subject line. Include your name and contact information. If you have already submitted, you do not need to do this again.
 Step 2 – Go to Facebook and “Like” the J. Alden Cooper Mysteries page. Updates will be posted there.
 Step 3 – You will receive sides for your role(s)
 Step 4 – Do a video audition. Post it “Unpublished” on YouTube.com and send us a link. We prefer the best production you can make. We will accept submissions made via your cellphone.
 Step 5 – You will receive notice of callback for live audition, if necessary.
 If you are not selected for your chosen role, please keep in mind that we will need extras for college students and police. We will keep your information on file and contact you later. We will also keep you in mind for future episodes.
 Address any questions to Producer Edd Schultz at jaldencoopermysteries at gmail.com
 Here's something unique about this production! During pre- and post-production we will be creating a book entitled COLT NAVY – A J.Alden Cooper Mystery – The Making of a Web Series Pilot. All of the cast and crew members will be asked to keep a journal which will be used in the book. Behind-the-scenes photos will be included as well as bios of each of the characters. Contributors to the Kickstarter campaign will receive free copies. Copies of the book will also be available later to the general public.