[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS - Cleveland Shakespeare Festival - 2015 Outdoor Tour - April 10 & 12

Cleveland Shakespeare Festival via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Mar 20 09:49:56 PDT 2015

*Cleveland Shakespeare Festival Announces Auditions for their 18th Season
of Free Outdoor Theater*

We are seeking a company of intelligent, energetic and imaginative actors
of all races and ethnicities for two touring outdoor productions:

*The Life of Timon of Athens* – adapted and directed by David Hansen
Performance Dates June 5-28
Rehearsals begin May 3
Touring to twelve different outdoor venues across Northeast Ohio

*Seeking 5 men/4 women*

4 MEN 20s

3 WOMEN 20s

1 MAN 40-60

1 WOMAN 40-60

Also, we are seeking an additional actor who is a skilled guitarist (M or
F).

Musicians, please be prepared to perform eight bars, preferably late 1960s
R&B

*The Merchant of Venice* – adapted and directed by Scott Miller
Performance Dates July 17 – August 2
Touring to eight different outdoor venues across Northeast Ohio

*Seeking 7 men/4 women of various ages*

Also, we are seeking an additional actor who is a skilled guitarist (M or
F).

Musicians, please be prepared to perform eight bars, preferably classical

Auditions will be held at CleveShakesFest Headquarters:
Coventry Commons (formerly known as Coventry Grammar School)
Ensemble Theater Center
2843 Washington Blvd.
Cleveland Hts. OH 44118

*Evening Auditions on Friday, April 10 – 6pm to 9pmAfternoon Auditions on
Sunday, April 12 – 2pm to 5pm*

No appointment necessary.  Artists will be seen in the order of sign in.
There are no AEA contracts available. No housing is provided.  All actors
and production staff are paid a modest stipend.  Actors may participate in
either or both productions.

Prepare two contrasting monologues. Total delivery time of both monologues
combined should not exceed three minutes. At least one of your two
monologues must be from the works of Shakespeare.

For consideration, bring TWO COPIES of each - head shot & resume, and
please also bring *any & all possible* known conflicts between the dates of
May 3 & July 16 AND Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays through August 2.

*Call Backs* will be Tuesday, April 14 at 6:30pm

For more information about auditions and our full touring schedule, visit
our website at www.cleveshakes.org.  If you have questions, are interested
in volunteering or joining us in any other capacity, please email
info at cleveshakes.org.

We hope to see you there. Break a Leg!