[NEohioPAL] AUDITION NOTICE, East Cleveland Theater

James Charpie via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Mar 25 09:26:26 PDT 2015

Love and laughter abound in the upscale hay in this naughty comedy.  A
character driven thrill ride of fun!

“Don’t Dress for Dinner” by Marc Camoletti

Directed by Maureen Dempsey

June 5th-June 20th Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday Matinees.

3 Weekends, 3 shows per week (a very reasonable schedule)

East Cleveland Theater

14108 Euclid Avenue

East Cleveland, Ohio 44112

www.east-cleveland-theater.org

I always work in a team atmosphere and have an Alternate Cast
(Understudies) with a guaranteed performance.  So if you have a June
wedding, no problem.

I am looking for actors who want to grow and take their comedy skills to a
new level.  We work hard.  I expect a lot but I will provide my actors the
tools they need to help them get there.  It doesn't matter what level you
are right now.  This can be your first show or your fiftieth show, I accept
all of you.  I want “eager to explore the role and the story” actors.

This is a two-act comedy farce originally written in French and a hit in
Paris.  Bernard is planning a lavish weekend, complete with a cordon bleu
chef, entertaining his mistress while his wife, Jacqueline is away at
mother’s.  But when Jacqueline discovers Bernard’s best friend, Robert, is
coming over to stay, Jacqueline concocts a plan of her own.  When
Jacqueline doesn't leave, plans have to change.  Sneaking kisses, slamming
doors and wardrobe changes abound as we discover Jacqueline and Robert are
having an affair of their own.  Hilarious confusion as Bernard tries to
keep it all together layering one deception on top of another.

BERNARD – (Male)  Jacqueline’s husband.  An energetic host of the party.
Successful.   Perfectionist.

JACQUELINE – (Female)  Bernard’s wife. Elegant, curious and intelligent.

ROBERT – ( Male)  Bernard’s friend and Jacqueline’s lover.  Thoughtful and
sweet, an all-around nice guy.

SUZETTE – (Female)  Cordon Bleu private cook.  Versatile.  Independent and
resourceful.

SUZANNE – (Female)  Bernard’s mistress. A model and actress.  Full of…love
and a bit naive.  Wants to believe the best in everyone.

GEORGE – (Male)  Suzette’s husband.  Strong and intimidating, extremely
protective.  Unfortunately has seen the worst in people.

A NOTE ON AGES:  This will be an ensemble.  The ages will just have to be
believable as they relate to each other.  So it will just depend on who
comes to audition.  I am open to many possibilities.  So don’t hold back.
Please come if it’s reasonable.  Obviously, I can’t use young teenagers
here.

ECT is a color blind theater.

ACCENTS are optional.

We will be doing SCENES from the SCRIPT.  Please just bring a headshot (or
current photo) and a resume, if you have one, to the audition.  All are
welcome here!

SATURDAY MARCH 28th 10am to 2pm

You can email me for a time slot or just drop in.  Those with a scheduled
audition will have priority.  maureen126 at gmail.com or 440-313-8326.  email,
call or text me if you have questions.

I look forward to seeing all of you Saturday!