[NEohioPAL] AUDITION Notice Theater SATURDAY!

Maureen Dempsey via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Mar 26 07:56:30 PDT 2015

AUDITION NOTICE,THEATER: SATURDAY MARCH 28th 10am - 2pm ish

Love and laughter abound in the upscale hay in this naughtycomedy.  A character driven thrill rideof fun!

“Don’t Dress for Dinner” by Marc Camoletti

Directed by Maureen Dempsey

June 5th-June 20th Friday and Saturday evenings and SundayMatinees.

3 Weekends, 3 shows per week (a very reasonable schedule)

http://www.east-cleveland-theater.org/

I always work in a team atmosphere and have an AlternateCast (Understudies) with a guaranteed performance.  So if you have a June wedding, noproblem.  We can work with that.

I am looking for actors who want to grow and take theircomedy skills to a new level.  We workhard.  I expect a lot but I will providemy actors the tools they need to help them get there.  It doesn't matter what level you are rightnow.  This can be your first show or yourfiftieth show, I accept all of you.  Iwant “eager to explore the role and the story” actors.  Let's work together and make something "GREAT!"

This is a two-act comedy farce originally written in Frenchand a hit in Paris.  Bernard is planninga lavish weekend, complete with a cordon bleu chef, entertaining his mistresswhile his wife, Jacqueline is away at mother’s. But when Jacqueline discovers Bernard’s best friend, Robert, is comingover to stay, Jacqueline concocts a plan of her own.  When Jacqueline doesn't leave, plans have tochange.  Sneaking kisses, slamming doorsand wardrobe changes abound as we discover Jacqueline and Robert are having anaffair of their own.  Hilarious confusionas Bernard tries to keep it all together layering one deception on top ofanother.

BERNARD – (Male) Jacqueline’s husband.  Anenergetic host of the party. Successful.   Perfectionist.

JACQUELINE – (Female) Bernard’s wife. Elegant, curious and intelligent.

ROBERT – ( Male)  Bernard’sfriend and Jacqueline’s lover. Thoughtful and sweet, an all-around nice guy.

SUZETTE – (Female) Cordon Bleu private cook. Versatile.  Independent andresourceful.

SUZANNE – (Female) Bernard’s mistress. A model and actress. Full of…love and a bit naive. Wants to believe the best in everyone.

GEORGE – (Male) Suzette’s husband.  Strong andintimidating, extremely protective. Unfortunately has seen the worst in people.

A NOTE ON AGES:  Thiswill be an ensemble.  The ages will justhave to be believable as they relate to each other.  So it will just depend on who comes toaudition.  I am open to manypossibilities.  So don’t hold back.  Please come if it’s reasonable.  Obviously, I can’t use young teenagershere.

ACCENTS are optional.  Have fun or just be yourself.  No worries.  The show is done without accents.

We will be doing SCENES from the SCRIPT.  Please just bring a headshot (or currentphoto) and a resume, if you have one, to the audition.  All are welcome here!  I love new actors and veteran actors, anyone who is willing to work together and make something wonderful happen.

SATURDAY MARCH 28th 10am to 2pm

You can email me for a time slot or just drop in.  Those with a scheduled audition will havepriority.  maureen126 at gmail.com or440-313-8326.  email, call or text me ifyou have questions.  Please when you arerequesting an appointment put a requested time in your message. I will try to get as closeto that time as possible, thank you.

A note about East Cleveland Theater.  Two years ago I directed Deathtrap here and it was an outstanding experience.  Every day I was excited to arrive at the theater and work with all the wonderful people.  I wondered what I was getting into driving there for the first time, dodging potholes and passing some empty buildings.  But I never for a moment regretted it.  It turned out to be one of the best experiences I have had.  And it's all because of the people.  I love a good team.  I demand it.  Problems are going to come up.  It's inevitable.  So it's so important to have a group of people who don't create extra problems.  They make it easier to handle the day to day problems that come your way.  Please do yourself a favor and come out Saturday to join our team.
I look forward to seeing all of you Saturday!

Maureen Dempsey
 "Save the drama for the stage."
East ClevelandTheater
14108 EuclidAve