[NEohioPAL] Need Actress & Actor

Maureen Dempsey via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Mar 27 09:12:11 PDT 2015

Need: Actress and Actor

This is an excellent opportunity!

I get calls and emails all the time asking to work withme.  This is your chance to learn fromone of “the best.”  Those that know meknow that I do not like to talk about myself and I do not like to namedrop.  But I am directing a fun show at awonderful place and giving you a chance to work in a team atmosphere where youwill grow and improve your craft.  I amexcellent because I learned from the best, from some of our television pioneersand some of our comedy greats.  So don’tmiss out.

Do you know what the Oscar nominees had in common thisyear?  Theater!  Yep! Read it here http://www.backstage.com/advice-for-actors/secret-agent-man/1-piece-training-oscar-nominees-have-common/

If you want to really learn and you love what you do.  Get out there on the boards and do it,live!

Now I need some actors to email me or to come out to thetheater on Saturday.  Be part ofthis.  If you can’t make it on Saturdayemail me.  I will let you know IF I willhave any additional time.  I can’tpromise it.  But I will do what Ican.  I am already extending my time abit.  But, get out to the theater!

And East Cleveland Theater is a place for everyone!  In the last show I directed here we hadpeople from all over Northeast Ohio come together on this stage.  And every night when I came to rehearsal Inever saw black or white or rich or poor or anything else.  All I ever saw were artists coming togetherand working hard and creating something awesome.  They loved each other and respected eachother and we were sad to see it end. Well I am excited to have the chance to direct here again.  I hope YOU will be a part of it this time.  It’s a special experience.

MY ACTORS:  Don’t forget, as I have said in the past, thebest way to learn is to help out at an audition.  If you want to sign-up to be one of mycasting assistants please text me.

Maureen Dempsey
“Don’t Dress for Dinner” by Marc Camoletti
Directed by Maureen Dempsey

AUDITIONS: SATURDAY MARCH 28th 10am - 2pm ish

We will be doing SCENES from theSCRIPT. Sides are available on my fb page https://www.facebook.com/Dempsey126

Please just bring a headshot (orcurrent photo) and a resume, if you have one, to the audition.

You can email me for a time slot or just drop in. Those with a scheduled audition will have Priority. maureen126 at gmail.comor 440-313-8326.  email, call or text me if you have questions.  Please when you are requesting an appointment put arequested time in your message. I will try to get as close to that time aspossible, thank you.

SHOW DATES: June 5th-June 20thFriday and Saturday evenings and Sunday Matinees.

3 Weekends, 3 shows per week (avery reasonable schedule)

http://www.east-cleveland-theater.org/

 "Save the drama for the stage."

East Cleveland Theater

14108 Euclid Ave