[NEohioPAL] Auditions for AVENUE Q at ATC

Craig Joseph via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Apr 22 10:19:17 PDT 2015

*THE SHOW:* Avenue Q

*WHEN:* Sunday, May 17th and Monday, May 18th from 7-10 PM. Callbacks will
take place on the evening of Tuesday, May 19th.

*WHERE:* Aurora Community Theatre, 115 East Pioneer Trail in Aurora

*WHAT:* Please bring a resume and headshot if you have them. If not, there
will be a form for you to fill out. Please also prepare 32 bars of music
from a Broadway musical of your choice. We'll treat initial auditions as a
"legit" musical audition to see how you deal with things like pitch,
rhythm, interpretation, and the like. You can save your goofy character
voices and puppetry skills for callbacks. : ) If you bring sheet music, an
accompanist will be provided.

*CASTING:* All roles are available and, of course, we have special needs
for an ethnically diverse cast, including a pretty awesome African-American
(who wants to play a child star) and an Asian woman (who has no issues with
stereotypes; everyone's a little bit racist).

*REHEARSALS:* Begin May 24th, and will occur 5 days week.

*PERFORMANCES:* July 2, 3, 10, 11, 17, 18 evenings - with a possible
matinee on the 12th.

*TEAM: *Craig Joseph directs; Steve Parsons musical directs; Michael
Lawrence Akers choreographs.

*TO SIGN UP:* Send an e-mail to craigjose at gmail.com with your name, phone
number, and preferred audition evening. Someone will get back to you to
confirm.