[NEohioPAL] The final chances to see "The Skin of Our Teeth" at Tri-C West start tonight (Thursday)

Gloor, Fred via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Apr 23 15:00:46 PDT 2015

The Skin of Our Teeth
By Thornton Wilder
Directed by Fred Gloor

Meet George and Maggie Antrobus of Excelsior, New Jersey, a suburban, commuter-town couple (married for 5,000 years), who bear more than a casual resemblance to that first husband and wife, Adam and Eve: the two Antrobus children, Gladys (perfect in every way, of course) and Henry (who likes to throw rocks and was formerly known as Cain); and their garrulous maid, Sabina (the eternal seductress), who takes it upon herself to break out of character and interrupt the course of the drama at every opportunity ("I don't understand a word of this play!")
Whether he is inventing the alphabet or merely saving the world from apocalypse, George and his redoubtable family somehow manage to survive--by the skin of their teeth.

Completed by the author less than a month after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, The Skin of Our Teeth (1942) broke from established theatrical conventions and walked off with the 1943 Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Combining farce, burlesque, and satire, and elements of the comic strip, Thornton Wilder depicts an Everyman Family as it narrowly escapes one end-of-the-world disaster after another, from the Ice Age to flood to war.

Cast:

In order of appearance.

Announcer: Gary Scott
Sabina: Clare Vavro
Mr. Fitzpatrick: Madison Pauley
Mrs. Antrobus: Ayla Renee Williams
Dinosaur: Carter Ellis
Mammoth: Michael Aponte
Gladys: Caitlin Hathaway
Henry: Michael Johnson
Antrobus: James Alexander Rankin
Doctor: Jon Heus
Homer: Travis Gilkerson
Moses: Aziz Ghrabat
Miss E. Muse: Eva Nel Elizabeth Brettrager
Miss T. Muse: Matthew Lenczewski
Miss M. Muse: Bronwynn Millisor
Other Refugees: Jasmine Alshabani, Suami Soriano Laurence, Andre Herron
Ushers: Carter Ellis, Michael Aponte,
Fortune Teller: Eva Nel Elizabeth Brettrager
Chair Pushers: Andre Herron, Aziz Ghrabat
Conveeners: Carter Ellis, Michael Aponte, Jon Hues, Matthew Lenczewski, Suami Soriano Laurence
Broadcast Official: Aziz Ghrabat
Mr. Treymayne: Matthew Lenczewski
Hester: Bronwynn Millisor
Ivy: Eva Nel Elizabeth Brettrager
Fred Bailey: Travis Gilkerson

Tickets are $10 for Adults
$ 8 for Students/Faculty/Staff
$5 for Tri-C Students with a valid ID

Performances: April 17th, 18th, 23rd, 24th, and 25th at 7:30 pm and April 19th and 26th at 2:00 pm

For tickets go to http://www.trictickets.com<http://www.trictickets.com/>
Tri-C (r)  Where futures begin SM
www.tri-c.edu<http://www.tri-c.edu/>
[facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/westtheatre#!/tricwesttheatre>