[NEohioPAL] Is Show Business a Business in Northeast Ohio?

alexpmichaels@prelude2cinema.com via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat May 16 11:39:12 PDT 2015

Ran into a person last night working on a feature film. The story sounded interested and I gave him some advice he asked for. Then I asked, what are you going to do after you finish the movie. He said, get it to festivals. We are just doing it for fun.

A few days before this I went to an event at the Cleveland Playhouse where they talked about theater and audience and money.

This is why The Film Community here is seen as a "hobby or not professional" according to a recent article. It is not the quality of work or the styles. It is because it is not focused on making money.  Making money from art does not cheapen its value! Some feel, and I do not argue with them, that "The Godfather" was a great movie. Yet, it also made a ton of money.

I will not dare tell the other filmmakers here what to do, but I will say Prelude2Cinema is a business.

If you have read to the end of this long Post,
Join us at our new office to be part of the Cinema Industry

Prelude2Cinema LLC
3558 Lee Rd Shaker Heights, 44120
Friday, May 22nd 6:30-8:00PM https://www.facebook.com/events/667390760034205/

Please RSVP on FACEBOOK, so we know how many people to expect.

Sincerely,
Alex P. Michaels
"Join our Cinema Industry in Northeast, Ohio."
http://www.prelude2cinema.com