[NEohioPAL] It's magic!

Bette Lou Higgins via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Jun 4 16:12:30 PDT 2015

Thank you to everyone who helped make The Magic!

It was truly a magical two days
<http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/tm052015so.htm>  last
week when our documentary premiered at TrueNorth Cultural Arts!

Thursday audiences heard Emma's story with a special presentation of our
storytelling program GRANDMA GATEWOOD:
<http://www.edenvalleyenterprises.org/stories/comments.htm#gatewood>
OHIO'S LEGENDARY HIKER.  The performance was underwritten by the National
Storytelling  <http://storynet.org/> Network and The
<http://www.parkhurstbrothers.com/> Parkhurst Brothers, Inc.  NSN
representative Janelle Reardon was on hand to share information about the
organization and its involvement in this project.

On Friday, the red carpet went out!  TRAIL MAGIC, the documentary,
<http://www.edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/tm052015so.htm>
premiered to TWO sold out houses!  In between the film showings audiences
were treated to a reception and talk-back where I was joined by our
writer/researcher Kelly Boyer Sagert and our director, Peter Huston
<http://www.filmaffects.com/>  and Ohio History Fund's Local History
Coordinator, Andy
<https://www.ohiohistory.org/preserve/local-history-office/funding-opportuni
ties> Verhoff.

I am grateful to EVERYONE who came out during the two day festivities to
join in our celebration of this remarkable Ohioan and to all our donors
<http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/gtwddonors.htm>  who
helped make this possible.

A BIG thank you to The National Storytelling  <http://storynet.org/>
Network, The  <http://www.parkhurstbrothers.com/> Parkhurst Brothers, and
The Ohio History Fund
<https://www.ohiohistory.org/preserve/local-history-office/funding-opportuni
ties>  without whom these two days AND the programs would not have been
possible!

I am especially grateful to TrueNorth Cultural Arts and the Lorain County
Metro Parks <http://www.metroparks.cc/truenorth-cultural-arts.php> , Rick
Fortney and all the volunteers and staff who worked so hard on this event.

I'm now busy with arrangements to bring this story to other locations -- so
if you couldn't join us last week, check out our calendar page
<http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/calendar.htm>  regularly for updates.  I
look forward to seeing you there!

Bette Lou

P.S.:  Be sure to check out all
<http://www.edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/tm052015so.htm> the
pictures and comments from last week's festivities.

P.P.S.: If your group would like to host a program about Grandma Gatewood
(or any of our other shows), send me an
<http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/contactgoogle.htm> e-mail. We'd love to
bring a special event to you!

Bette Lou Higgins