[NEohioPAL] WordStage Closes Its 2014-15 Season with James Thurber

Tim Tavcar via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Jun 12 10:16:55 PDT 2015

Sundays With Friends
  The 2014-15 Season Finale -  Free Performance
A Thurber Carnival

the life and works of Ohio Humorist and idiosyncratic Illustrator, James Thurber.
The Lakewood Public Library Main Auditorium - 15425 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood.
The celebrated author of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and the creator of numerous New Yorker magazine cover cartoons, stories, social commentaries and chronicles of the human condition, James Thurber was born in Columbus, Ohio on December 8, 1894. One of the foremost American humorists of the 20th century, his inimitable wit and pithy prose spanned a breadth of genres, including short stories, modern commentary, fiction, theater, children’s fantasy and letters.
The artists of WordStage will create an amusing, and sometimes, poignant text from Mr. Thurber’s prose, memoirs, and excerpts from a 1955 Interview with George Plimpton published in the "Paris Review" Literary magazine. The texts of this interview and the Thurber Fables we are including will be underscored with quirky tunes that reflect the trenchant observations Mr. Thurber shared with his readers, colleagues and intimate friends throughout his life, and which are beloved by lovers of laughter-inducing literature right up to the present day.
The performance features WordStage Company member actor/readers Jeffrey Grover, Marci Paolucci and Tim Tavcar, accompanied by violinist Mary Beth Ions.

June 14th, 2015 at 2:00PM.  This, and all WordStage performances and special events at the Lakewood Library, are Free and Open to the Public
For information about this and our 2015-16 season to be announced at the end of June, please visit our website at www.wordstageoh.com.  And we cordially invite you to "Like" us on Facebook and visit us on YouTube.  If you have any further questions please call us at 216-712-6926.
Thanks for supporting WordStage and the fine programming at the Lakewood Public Library.