[NEohioPAL] Batter Up!

Bette Lou Higgins via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Jun 14 12:03:59 PDT 2015

Alta Weiss from Ragersville, Ohio put herself through college and medical
school playing professional baseball on a men's team in the early 1900s.
This remarkable pitcher was a natural athlete. Her father said that she
"never threw objects with the tipping or pushing motion characteristic of a
girl." It was even claimed that she threw corncobs at the family cat with
all the "follow through and wrist snap of a big league pitcher."

Come hear her story in July when we present, YOU CAN'T PLAY BALL IN A SKIRT!

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 7p.m. at the Maltz
<http://www.maltzmuseum.org/event/the-story-of-alta-weiss/> Museum; 2929
Richmond Rd. in Beachwood as part of their new exhibit, "Chasing Dreams --
Baseball and Becoming American." Tickets are $12 ($6 for museum members).
For tickets and information, call the museum at 216-593-0575.

AND

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 7p.m. at the Huron Public Library
<http://www.huronlibrary.org/> ; 333 William St.; Huron, Ohio. There is no
charge for this performance. For more information, contact the library at
419-433-5009.

Keep up with all our events by checking our calendar often at
http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/calendar.htm

To arrange for this, or any of our programs, to be brought to your group,
just reply to this e-mail!

Bette Lou Higgins
Artistic Director
Eden Valley Enterprises