[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS for "21st Century Spectacle" (Film Noir Parody)

Carolyn Riedel via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jun 15 20:17:19 PDT 2015

*Auditions for 21st Century Spectacle*

Actors will not be paid, but will receive IMDb credit.

*When (pick one):*

   - Friday, June 26th 9:00AM - 2:00PM
   - Saturday, June 27th 9:00AM - 2:00PM

*Where:* The Green Room at St. Mary Church in Elyria [320 Middle Avenue,
Elyria, OH, 44035]

*Director: *Angeline Walsh

*Story:*

Our protagonist is a young, modern-day girl. The dilemma is that her
filmmaker grandfather has just died, leaving behind a large sum of money
that the family is not sure how to divide. The spectacle is a conspicuous
reel of old film that transports our protagonist into a silent film made in
the year 1927, where the events strikingly mirror those occurring in her
own life.

This film is a comedy, but events within it are largely based on the film
noir genre.

*What We're Looking For:*

The majority of the film will be black-and-white, and silent. We are
looking for actors who can work well without sound. Humor is encouraged.

*Character Breakdown:*

   - PROTAGONIST: female, late teens or early twenties. A sleuth, confident
   and adventurous.
   - FEMME FATALE: female, late teens or early twenties. Dark, sultry, and
   serious. Gold-digger who is having an affair with the Uncle to get his
   money.
   - "HERO": male, late teens or early twenties. Nice guy, likes to have
   fun. Is dating Femme Fatale, unaware that he is being used.
   - COUSIN #1/HENCHMAN: male, late teens or early twenties. The Uncle's
   son and a constant obstacle for the Protagonist. Mean and shrewd, but also
   a bit of a coward.
   - UNCLE/MOBSTER: male, middle-aged. A goofy villain-type, being
   manipulated by the Aunt.
   - AUNT: female, middle-aged. Cunning and alluring. Has manipulated
   others to steal a fortune left behind by a wealthy deceased mayor.
   - *Note that there are many minor roles not listed here*

*Preparation:*

   - Prepare a monologue or skit to perform from memory. Be creative, and
   focus on body language more than the words.
   - Be prepared to fill out an application which will ask for your
   availability in coming months, and for your previous acting roles

*For More Information:*

   - Contact Carolyn Riedel at carolyn.j.riedel at gmail.com
   - Check out our IndieGoGo page:
   https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/21st-century-spectacle#/story