[NEohioPAL] CPT now accepting applications for DanceWorks 2016

Caitlin Lewins via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jun 16 08:24:03 PDT 2015

Request for Proposals

DanceWorks 2016

Deadline for submissions is June 30, 2015.

DanceWorks 2016 is an important part of Cleveland Public Theatre's 15-16 Season. DanceWorks offers Northeast Ohio dance companies and choreographers the opportunity to have world premiere works presented in a series with other local dance companies.

Through a submission process, CPT hopes to select 2- 4 dance companies to be part of DanceWorks 2016 in the Gordon Square Theatre. This year CPT is only accepting submissions for groups to perform half of a double bill. Groups that share an evening will share revenue, rehearsal time and technical time.

Each pair of groups will have access to the Gordon Square Theatre for one week: Monday through Wednesday for load-in and rehearsal, and Thursday through Saturday for performances.

We are accepting submissions for three weeks that will feature local companies: March 14th - March 20th, March 21 - March 27 and March 23 - April 3.

The Gordon Square Theatre will be set-up with a repertory lighting plot suitable for dance. Companies may alter that set-up; however, they then take full responsibility for implementing the alterations and restoring the space to its original state directly following their final performance.

It is up to each project to provide its own artistic collaborators and additional technical staff as needed. CPT will provide a series stage manager, as well as box office and house management staff.

CPT produces a direct mail piece advertising the DanceWorks series. However, it is up to the individual companies to promote their own show. CPT will do what we can to assist dance companies' marketing efforts.

Each selected group will receive a minimum guarantee of $750 against a box office split of 30% for the dance company. For example if a project makes $2000 at the box office, the project will keep the $750 guarantee. If the box office is $4000, the project will get a total of $1,200, an additional $450 over the original $750. Ticket prices for DanceWorks range from $12-28.

Selection:
The purpose of DanceWorks is to serve new work by established and emerging dance companies and choreographers in Cleveland. DanceWorks seeks to represent a diversity of forms, genres and aesthetic values. We want to create an environment where companies can boldly experiment and stretch beyond their past repertory. Performances should be comprised of at least 50% world premiere work. DanceWorks performances should be high quality work and be well thought-out, rehearsed and prepared.

Major factors in selecting works are capability, impact and quality. Companies should demonstrate that they have experienced personnel capable of independently managing your production needs, including sound, lighting and stage needs. CPT is looking for companies that can organize their needs and resources in an effective way that allows them to be fully prepared.

CPT expends a great deal of resources to make DanceWorks happen, and we want that effort to have the best possible result in the community. We are looking for projects for which DanceWorks will provide a significant impact both on the company that is performing and on our audience.

Application:
If you would like to be considered for DanceWorks 2016, please complete the application form (link below).

Deadline for submissions is June 30, 2015.

DanceWorks 2016 APPLICATION

Click here for the Microsoft Word version.<http://www.cptonline.org/?attachment_id=4594>
Click here for the PDF version.<http://www.cptonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Dance-Works-15-16-Application.pdf>

Caitlin Lewins