[NEohioPAL] Canal Fulton Players- Thank you from David Van Gaasbeek to those who saw and participated in An American Family

David Van Gaasbeek via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jun 29 11:33:00 PDT 2015

At 10:30 am today, I closed the doors to the storage shed after placing the costumes, signs, and two small tables into it. An American Family by the Canal Fulton Players is now officially over and I am now getting ready to have auditions for Closing Night by Craig May on Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm at Community Connections, 2381 Locust Street, Canal Fulton, Ohio. We had six performances of An American Family and 160 people over six nights came to see the play. The feedback is incredibly positive as several people have encouraged that I copyright the play. It is considered a comedy but it contains a great deal of examination of modern social issues. What started in September, 2012 as a writing exercise for me matured into a full length play which lasts about 2 hours fifty five minutes. Most people who watched stated that they were so focused on the play that they did not look at their watches. The acting was superb. My thanks and congratulations go to Geoffrey Darling (Jack Van Wert), Kayla Miller (Janice Loeffler), Janet Antal (Debra Van Wert), Shauna Hamilton (Helen Whiteside/Julie Fielding), Geri Marken (Kate Morrison), Zach Donahue (Tom Van Wert), Shelly Rayborn (Gretchen Van Wert), Josh Rowe (Scott Thomas/Todd/Logan/ the Waiter), Michel Donahue (Petra Thomas/Young Lady), Sharon Nolan (Jeannette Loeffler), Sean Wirfel (Roger Morrison), Melanie Snier (Lesly Morrison), Laura Haines (Blythe Morrison), and Madison Witte (the Waitress/Sandy) for all their hard work in making their characters believable and lovable. Even Sean, who led the curtain call in boos because he plays the villain in this play, was believable and lovable to the audience. I would also like to thank Ike Canfield, Debbie Liknes, Chistine Fager, and Cassandra Fager for all their hard work as stage crew, lights and sound. One would be remiss in forgetting to thank George Dorer for his fine work with the sound and lights. And special thanks goes to Sue Martin and the people of the box office who worked hard in making sure people were seated and accommodated when needed. Also special thanks goes to SALT Box Ministries, St, John Lutheran Church, and Community Connections for all their help and support. An American Family is a real family maker as the cast was sorry for it to end and they are talking about doing things together in the future. And to Shelly Rayborn and Josh Rowe, one who encouraged and one who did shine my bald head during my scene as Harry Loeffler, you will be visited by the ghost of Yul Brynner as he appeared as Chris in the Magnificent Seven.

Sincerely,

David Van Gaasbeek
Playwright, Producer, and Director