[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Ballet WINS esteemed Award!

Christine L. Krause via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Jul 2 02:01:10 PDT 2015

The Cleveland Ballet Documentary created under the direction of
Steven Hacker Films, chosen as Silver Award Winner in the prestigious
36th annual Telly Award

For Immediate Release: 													Christine Krause 330.590.0286
Cleveland Ballet, Marketing Chair Contact 									clkprod at aol.com

 To see the documentary go to:  http://clevelandballet.org/watch-cleveland-ballet-documentary-film/

(Cleveland, Ohio) – July 2, 2015.
The Cleveland Ballet Documentary created under the direction of
Steven Hacker Films, was chosen as the Silver Award Winner.

The 36th annual Telly Awards, chosen in the “Cultural” Category - has named Steven Hacker Films as the Silver Winner in the 36th Annual Telly Awards for 'its production entitled "Cleveland Ballet: Its Proud Past. Its Promising Future." Chosen as the Silver Award Winner/

 With nearly 12,000 entries from all 50 states and numerous countries, “This is truly an honor, said Michael Krasnyansky, Ph.D., Cleveland Ballet, Chairman of the Board, “We are thrilled to be part of this exciting news,” he continued “Steven Hacker was hand-picked by our Executive Board to create a poignant, heart warming video that told our story about re-establishing in our great city a “new” professional resident Cleveland Ballet Company.”
The story behind the Award Winning Documentary is filled with Cleveland Ballet history and performing arts intrigue.

The original Cleveland Ballet Company decided to move from Cleveland to San Jose and close its doors to Cleveland in 2000. This was devastating to the artistic integrity of Cleveland. This was a huge loss for our great city, but what remained behind after the company moved was Gladisa Guadalupe. Immediately after the sudden departure of the Cleveland Ballet, she opened Cleveland School of Dance. It was her intention from that moment to eventually re-establish a resident professional ballet company back in Cleveland.

This has been Gladisa’s passion for over 15 years and finally the time has come. Finally, in 2015, Cleveland Ballet will make its Preview appearance, August 17, 2015. The seeds are planted, the plans are in place, the infrastructure established, the School, the Orchestra and the Renaissance of Cleveland is ready to embrace a ballet company that the city can finally call its own.
The decision was clear. The best way to tell the “new” Cleveland Ballet story was to create a documentary developed with passion and truth featuring people who lived the story and would share their experience firsthand. The best person to create the documentary was award winning cinematographer, Steven Hacker. Steven’s Documentary style reaches deep to the heart of the subject and the viewer. He has a way of capturing passion that generates fresh and original content.

When asking Steven to comment on his creative strategy for the Cleveland Ballet Documentary, he replied “This is a stylized, artistic piece that combines passionate interviews shot with feeling and purpose, coupled with slow-motion footage of dancers in the background. “This documentary style was created to inspire and educate viewers to remember the rich history of Cleveland Ballet and the cultural value of performing arts in Northeast Ohio.”

“What is amazing to us, commented Gladisa Guadalupe, Artistic Director, Cleveland Ballet, "in fact, we just premiered our documentary a few short months ago and already it has won one of the most prestigious awards in the industry! We are grateful to Steven Hacker for sharing his artistic vision, proficiency and award winning results.”

Regarding the Award
The Telly Awards was founded in 1979 and is the premier award honoring outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs, the finest video and film productions, and online commercials, video and films. Winners represent the best work of the most respected advertising agencies, production companies, television stations, cable operators, and corporate video departments in the world. For further information regarding the Telly awards, www.tellyawards.com. Steven Hacker Films produces documentaries, films and commercials. & is currently in pre- production on “Violins of Hope”, http://stevenhackerfilms.com.
 Information Cleveland Ballet go to, http://clevelandballet.org/watch-cleveland-ballet-documentary-film/

For further information Contact
Christine Krause - Marketing Chair
Cleveland Ballet
Executive Board of Directors
clkprod at aol.com 330.590.0286

Christine Krause |VR2 Global Marketing - Cleveland's on Fire
Integrative Strategy - Creative - Advertising - Collateral
Digital Development - Branding - PR - New Media - Social
Content  - Mobile -  Global Broadcast - Streaming Media
One Bratenahl | Bratenahl, Ohio 44108 | www.VR2show.com
C: 330.590.0286 | ckrause at cleonfire.com