[NEohioPAL] SUMMER IMPROV INTENSIVES! JUMP INTO THE IMPROV POOL! (See what I did there?)

Marc Moritz via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Jul 5 12:04:03 PDT 2015

Summer is a time for Relaxation and Vacation!
But *DON'T *take a Vacation from a fun and stress-free chance to learn!
See what I did there?

These *Drop-In Classes *are the perfect commitment-free answer.
*Not that any of you have commitment issues!*

*IMPROV FOR THE THEATRE - Hot Fun In The Summertime!*

These *Drop-In Classes *focus on the basics of performance improvisation.
Topics covered include: agreement (“yes and”); active listening; using the
environment; basic narrative skills; understanding stage status; and making
your fellow improviser look good. Students learn how to initiate scenes,
build upon their scene partners' offers, and create scenes with a solid
foundation.

*Instructor:** Marc Moritz*

*Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm Day : Saturdays JCU-University Heights - Specific
space TBD Dates: July 11, 18, 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29*

Teens (16+) and Adults
*Cost: $10*- Drop - In Rate *PER CLASS*. (That's $5/Hr. for those keeping
score!)
*Pay for 4 Classes in Advance for 10% Discount! (Cost will be $36.00 for 4
classes)*

*Here are the exciting Topics/Skills Workshops:*

*July 11 - BASIC TOOLBOX *
There's no "denying" this Workshop addresses the Basics such as "Yes And",
and the general rules and terminology of Improv. Put into practice through
Improv Exercises.

*July 18 - GAMES! GAMES! GAMES!*

Exactly what it means. Interactive Theatre Games to stimulate Spontaneity,
Team-Work ,Quick-Thinking and Ensemble-Building.

*July 25 - WHO AM I? - Building Character*

We will explore creating "in the moment" characters through specific
physical work as well as character traits, status, and finding YOUR unique
approach to the work.

*August 1 - WHERE AM I? - Environments*

This Class is all about creating strong and specific environments through
space work, physical behavior and object work.

*August 8 - SCENE WORK STRATEGIES - Walking and Talking!*

We explore the building blocks to creating  solid, truthful, and
ensemble-driven Improv.

*August 15 - STYLES*

Theatre. Film. Literature. Current Events. We will explore the importance
of every Improvisor to stay connected and immersed in our culture. We will
do this through such Improv performance games as "Film Dubbing", "Group
Expert", and "Styles".

*August 22 - THIS IS LONG FORM *

This Workshop explores the unique Chicago-Style Long Form , known as the
HAROLD ; Conceived by Improv Guru , Del Close. Focusing on "Group Think",
we will create full-length, interconnected scenes , as we build our own
HAROLD.

*August 29 - PUTTING IT TOGETHER *

This final Drop-In is all about putting all the pieces together as we
create our own "Afternoon At The Improv".

*Contact**:**Marc Moritz **at: **marcmoritz at gmail.com
<marcmoritz at gmail.com> **for more info and payment arrangements.*

*MARC MORITZ*  Marc originated the role of Talk Show Host in the Broadway
production of the Stephen Sondheim / Hal Prince Musical, *Merrily We Roll
Along*.

*Directing Credits include*: *Art* ,* A Raisin in the Sun*, *Christmas
Schooner*,  (TrueNorth Theatre) , *Hellcab*, *Frankie and Johnny in the
Clair De Lune* ( Blank Canvas Theatre), *The Walworth Farce*, *Gutenberg!
The Musical!* , *Tigers Be Still*(Dobama Theatre) , *Three Guys Naked From
the Waist Down*, *39 Steps*, *Don't Dress For Dinner* ( Weathervane
Playhouse) , *A Broadway Christmas Carol* ( Clague Playhouse), *39
Steps* (Weathervane
Theatre , New Hampshire) ,Frankenstein 1930 (Geauga Lyric Guild) ,  *Pajama
Game* (Magnificat HS ). *Acting Credits include* : Tateh (*Ragtime*),
Claudius (Hamlet), Mysterious Man (*Into The Woods*), Al Lewis (*Sunshine
Boys*), Mushnik (*Little Shop of Horrors*), Mister Mister (*The* *Cradle
Will Rock*), Grumio (*Taming of the Shrew*), Ezekiel Cheever (*The Crucible*),
Malvolio(*Twelfth Night*), Joe Boyd*(Damn Yankees*), Otto Frank (*Diary of
Anne Frank*), Emperor Joseph (*Amadeus*), and Touchstone (*As You Like It*).
Theatres : Goodman , Long Wharf, New Harmony, Dobama, Karamu, Porthouse,
Idaho Shakespeare, Riverside Shakespeare, Cleveland Playhouse, Great Lakes
Theatre Festival.

Marc was the Founder / Director of Cleveland's successful Improv Troupe -
GIANT PORTIONS. He has taught Improv at ImprovOlympic and Second City in
Chicago. He is currently a Master Teaching Artist with The Cleveland
Playhouse Education Outreach Program, working with Middle and HS Drama
Programs.  Marc has taught acting at AMDA and CAP 21 in NYC and is
currently an Adjunct at JCU.Marc was in the Returning Professional Program
at Kent State University where he received his MFA.He is the Cleveland
affiliate for MainStreet Musicals ( http://www.mainstreetmusicals.org) ,
a NY -based organization committed to nurturing new works regionally.
 <http://www.broadview-heights-spotlights.org/2015cabaret.html>