[NEohioPAL] OPENING THIS FRIDAY! Near West Theatre presents HAIR, The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

Kelcie Dugger via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Jul 22 10:35:06 PDT 2015

OPENING THIS FRIDAY!

Near West Theatre presents:
HAIR
The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical
July 24-August 9, 2015

Book and Lyrics by Gerome Ragni and James Rado
Music by Galt MacDermot
Produced for the Broadway Stage by Michael Butler
Originally Produced by the New York Shakespeare Festival Theatre

Performances:
July 24, 25, 30 and 31; August 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 and 9
(Thurs., Fri. and Sat., 7:30 p.m.; Sun., 3 p.m.)

Tickets can be purchased at www.nearwesttheatre.org<http://www.nearwesttheatre.org>,
or by calling our Box Office at 216-961-6391 from 11am-4pm M-F.

PLEASE NOTE: Mature content. Parent/guardian discretion advised.

"HAIR tells the story of the 'tribe,' a group of politically active, long-haired hippies of the 'Age of Aquarius' living a bohemian life in New York City and fighting against conscription into the Vietnam War."  - Wikipedia

Near West Theatre has cast an open-hearted, free-thinking and adventurous Tribe of young people for our upcoming production of HAIR, The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical! Breaking all the rules back in the 60's, HAIR's poetic, non-linear and political nature changed musical theater forever. This theatrical journey will ask all of us to question our core beliefs and assumptions... our definitions of ourselves, America, and all we say we stand for.

You don't want to miss this powerful, passionate production, staged in the round at Near West Theatre's new home in the Gordon Square Arts District!
"It is an obscene and yet serene parade of shaggy-headed black and white people, coming, going, sometimes angry, sometimes sweet, sometimes bitterly truthful... The flag endeared and chided. The war, ignobled and dishonored. A mockery of self... spirited people in raggedy, kooky clothes... psychedelic lighting. A love affair between the cast and the audience." - EBONY MAGAZINE, May 1970

Experience this summer performance in our new air-conditioned and accessible theater!