[NEohioPAL] CALL FOR MUSICIANS! Collaboration with The Movement Project

Megan Gargano via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Aug 6 10:34:15 PDT 2015

*The Movement Project 2015-2016 Season*

*Call for Musicians: **Application Due September 1st*

The Movement Project is a professional modern dance company whose mission
is to challenge perspectives, evoke social change and to bridge communities
through the power of movement.

For our 2015-2016 season, TMP is creating a new work exploring the physical
and emotional state of musicians during performance. We are looking to hire
3 musicians to compose, collaborate and perform with 3 TMP choreographers.
Together, the choreographer and artist will create a piece with original
composition and a choreographic work that explores the complexities in the
musical score, as well as the physical embodiment of musicians in
performance.

The final product will include 3 dance solos accompanied onstage by a
musician. Length of each solo will be between 5-6 minutes long. Meaning
each musician must compose a work between 5-6 minutes in length. The
performance will take place May 20th and 21st, 2015 at the Lakewood Masonic
Temple and a “work in progress preview” on February 27th (location TBD).

Who are we looking for?

●       Professional musicians, undergrad/graduate students working towards
a degree in music

●       Any instrument or musical genre/style

●       Musician who can write and compose music

●       Are available the dates and times listed below
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY:

Visit our website at the following link: APPLICATION
<http://www.themovementproject.org/collaboration/>

*Any questions? Email us at info at themovementproject.org