[NEohioPAL] Back-To-School Theater - AUG 21, 22, 23: Manners Matter and Other Stuffy Life Lessons

Kulture Kids Admin via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Aug 6 13:34:47 PDT 2015

*What Happened to The Golden Rule?* *Kulture Kids’ Original Children’s
Theater Performance Shows Manners Matter*

Children and their families are invited to journey with a zany (and not so
polite) archaeologist in search of The Lost Temple of Ma’at, the Egyptian
goddess of truth, justice, and civility. Ancient Egypt comes to life in a
spectacle of magic, comedy, music, dance, and hieroglyphics that urges us
all to remember our manners. This is a show you don’t want kids to miss!

Kulture Kids’ newest original children’s theater production, *Ma’at is
Missing: Deciphering Manners* addresses the seeming lack of civility,
manners, and kindness in society today. The audience is tasked with helping
a nutty professor discover and unravel clues to the Lost Temple of Ma’at
and decipher the ancient hieroglyphics within that illustrate how we should
treat one another. From simple etiquette when coughing or sneezing, to how
we consider others’ thoughts and feelings before we speak, Ma’at is Missing
guides children on an expedition to find out why our manners matter.

Ma’at is Missing: Deciphering Manners will take the stage on August 21 at
7:00pm, August 22 at 3:00pm and 7:00pm, and August 23 at 7:00pm. A hands-on
family art workshop is included in the ticket price and will take place 30
minutes before the start of each performance. A reception will follow the
opening night performance.

The performance will tour throughout September and October 2015 at branches
of the Cuyahoga County Public Library. Additionally, schools, libraries,
community centers, and other venues are encouraged to bring Ma’at to their
venue by contacting Kulture Kids at schedule at kulturekids.org.

Funding by CUYAHOGA ARTS AND CULTURE, THE GEORGE GUND FOUNDATION, and THE
OHIO ARTS COUNCIL.

*PERFORMANCE DETAILS*

*DATES/TIMES*  August 21 at 7:00PM, August 22 at 3:00PM & 7:00PM, August 23
at 3:00PM

*LOCATION*       Kultivation Theater, 2134 Lee Road, Cleveland Heights,
44118

*TICKETS*          $10 each, includes performance and pre-show family arts
workshop

*AGES*               This show is ideal for children between the ages of 4
and 10, but all children and adults are welcome.

*ABOUT KULTURE KIDS*

Founded by Robin Pease in 1999, Kulture Kids is a nonprofit dedicated to
promoting and enhancing arts and cultural awareness for children through
arts education programming.  A leading provider of arts programs for
schools, libraries, community centers and arts organizations, Kulture Kids
uses original, participatory, educational performances, workshops, and
residencies to support arts integrated learning and the ideal of E Pluribus
Unum: out of many, one. The exploration of the many arts and cultures that
make up our world open doors to education, understanding, appreciation, and
unity for all people.

*FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO PURCHASE TICKETS*

Contact: Valerie Kilmer, Programming Associate

Valerie.C.Kilmer at kulturekids.org

216.931.0307

Visit www.kulturekids.org to purchase tickets.

Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/kulturekidsarts