[NEohioPAL] Steel Magnolias opens TONIGHT at The Cassidy Theatre

The Cassidy Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Aug 7 13:13:17 PDT 2015

*Come see the opening weekend of the Southern Classic gem: Steel
Magnolias **taking
the stage at The Cassidy Theatre opening TONIGHT!!*

*Performance Dates: *August 7th- 23rd, 2015

*Performance Times:* Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 pm, Sundays at 3:00 pm.

Tickets: $15 Adults, $14 Students and Seniors

Truvy's beauty salon in Chinquapin, Louisiana is where all the ladies who
are "anybody" come to have their hair done. Helped by her eager new
assistant, Annelle (who is not sure whether or not she is still married),
the outspoken, wise-cracking Truvy dispenses shampoos and free advice to
the town's rich curmudgeon, Ouiser, ("I'm not crazy, I've just been in a
bad mood for forty years"); an eccentric millionaire, Miss Clairee, who has
a raging sweet tooth; and the local social leader, M'Lynn, whose daughter,
Shelby (the prettiest girl in town), is about to marry a "good ole boy."
Filled with hilarious repartee and not a few acerbic but humorously
revealing verbal collisions, the play moves toward tragedy in the second
act. The sudden realization of their mortality affects the others, but also
draws on the underlying strength—and love—which give the play, and its
characters, the special quality to make them truly touching, funny and
marvelously amiable company in good times and bad.

*Steel Magnolias *written by Robert Harling features direction by Kevin
Kelly, and showcases an amazing cast of women including Beth Bamberger,
Jennifer Justice, Cassandra Meers, Monica Olejko, Cheryl Sweeney, and Clare
Vavro.

Call the Box Office at (440) 842-4600 for tickets or more information.
Don’t miss our upcoming productions of *Bonnie and Clyde the Musical *(October
9- 25), and *The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee *(November 20-
December 6. Check out www.cassidytheatre.com for the upcoming 2016 season
or to purchase tickets online.

The Cassidy Theatre is supported in part by the residents of Cuyahoga
County through a public grant from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture.