[NEohioPAL] Gay Games Concert Back By Popular Demand This Week

Joanna Hunkins via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Aug 10 11:08:34 PDT 2015

The Musical Theater Project and Cain Park/City of Cleveland
Heights present...

*I Am What I Am: Gays, Lesbians and the American Musicals*

*Thursday, August 13th at 7 PMAlma Theater, Cain Park*

Without gays and lesbians — on stage, behind the scenes and in the audience
— there would be no Broadway. Period. Created for the 2014 Gay Games, this
multi-media concert celebrates a culture’s rich contribution to musical
theater art, from the “coded” songs of Cole Porter and Lorenz Hart in the
1920s to the breakout musicals of the post-Stonewall 1970s, to the current
hit *Fun Home. *
It’s a stirring, fascinating story that also includes performers like Ethel
Merman and Liza Minnelli who thrilled a huge gay audience.

This concert was created as a surround piece for Gay Games 9 held in
Cleveland last summer.  It played two sold out performances and is sure to
be a hit in its encore performance this week at Cain Park!
Loaded with video clips and still images, hosted by *Bill Rudman* and *Scott
Plate *and features vocalists *Molly Andrews-Hinders*, *Jared Leal, Luke
Rathbone *and *Katherine DeBoer*. Music direction by *Nancy Maier*.

*Tickets:In advance:* $28; *Day of show:* $30
Tickets available through the Cain Park Ticket Office.
216-371-3000 or visit CainPark.com