[NEohioPAL] NYC DANCE TEACHER NOW IN CLEVELAND...

Jim Becker via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Aug 12 16:52:54 PDT 2015

JIM BECKER

Professional Dance Instructor &
Celebrity Fitness Trainer

from
NEW YORK CITY
back to the
CLEVELAND AREA

After 15 years teaching a performing across the globe, dance teacher and choreographer Jim Becker returns to Cleveland this fall to begin teaching dance and theatre for the 2015-2016 season. Jim is currently booked local studios 6-days each week teaching various levels age 5 through adult. Call (440)781-7581 for more info. Or email jimbeckerfitness at gmail.com

currently accepting enrollment for...

JAZZ
TAP
BALLET, POINTE
DANCE TECHNIQUE
MUSICAL THEATRE DANCE (ALL AGES)
MUSICAL THEATRE ACTING TECHNIQUE
VOCAL PERFORMANCE
JUMPS AND TURNS
PLUS FUN CLASSES FOR YOUNG CHILDREN

CONTACT
PH: (440)781-7581
Email: thejimbecker at aol.com

WEB http://thejimbecker.com/home.html
WEB http://thejimbecker.com/fitness.html
YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQAWputJESLWHZ5anFobqWg

NYC DANCE TEACHER
Jim Becker is a dance instructor, choreographer and fitness trainer from New York City with over 15 years of professional experience. Certified by American Ballet Theatre in New York, Jim studied Theatre and Dance at Marymount Manhattan College. Jim recently completed a tenure at Harlem School of the Arts where he was the premier Tap teacher; also teaching ballet, jazz, partnering, musical theatre and fitness. Initially recruited by Disney to direct and choreograph the first production of Disney’s The Lion King Kids.  After the success of HSA’s workshop, the show is now available to be performed by theaters and schools across the globe. Jim grew up in Strongsville training at Studio 82.

NYC CHOREOGRAPHER & DIRECTOR
Disney’s Lion King Kids Premier, Off-Broadway Tom Jones the Musical, Gilbert & Sullivan’s Ruddigore (international tour), Ballet Arts Christmas Spectacular. Cleveland credits include Baldwin Wallace University, Cassidy Theatre, Strongsville High School and the Mustang Express, Berea High School, Bally Total Fitness and The Cleveland Force Dance Team.

WORLDWIDE PERFORMER
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, ABC’s Dancing With The Stars. Dance Captain with Disney Cruise Line. National Tours: Barry Manilow’s Copacabana, Big River, backup vocals with Reba McIntire. NYC Opera: La Boheme, Macbeth, Tournedot. NYC: Johnny Baseball workshop, Broadway Bares, LSnB Dance Co, The Apollo Theatre. Off-Broadway: Carousel, The House of Bernarda Alba, Regionally: Guys & Dolls,  The Producers, Miss Saigon, Fiddler On The Roof, All Shook Up, Disney’s Hercules the Musical, 42d Street, Beauty and the Beast, Disney World Kid of the Kingdom Dancer. Jim is a member of Actors’ Equity Association.

PERSONAL TRAINER TO THE STARS
Jim has clients gracing magazine covers, starring on television and Broadway as well as clients dancing in tours and shows all over the country and Europe. Jim began his fitness career at Bally Total Fitness in Beachwood, OH and Studio 82 Fitness in North Royalton. Recently Jim trained Golden-Globe nominee John Cameron Mitchell to prepare him for his 2015 Tony-Award winning starring role in Broadway's Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Star clients include Vincent Rodriguez III of CW’s upcoming Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Annie Funke, star of CBS’s upcoming Criminal Minds: Beyond Belief. Jim is also experienced training dancers and marathon athletes. Need to be shirtless on stage any time soon? Contact Jim today! (440)781-7581

“I make my classes fun and functional. My students learn the foundation of each principle movement while getting a great workout. Character building is an important theme to help young performers grow, which is why I coach my students to recognize and revere their progress. I’m proud to say my students have continued their training at prestigious dance schools like SAB, ABT, LaGuardia High School, NYU, and Juilliard with many students performing in Broadway shows and tours all over north America and Europe. I believe, with proper training, all students of dance should have the skills required to pursue a career in the arts, should they choose. And everyone deserves the chance to dance.”

Jim Becker

thejimbecker.com