[NEohioPAL] Near West Theatre Announces AUDITIONS for "Scrooge! the Musical" THIS WEEK!

Cory Markowitz via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Aug 17 07:53:08 PDT 2015

Near West Theatre announces AUDITIONS for
Scrooge!

The Musical

Intergenerational, ages 7 & up

AUGUST 18th, 19th & 20th
Ages 7-12 from 6:00-7:00pm
Ages 13 & up from 7:30-10:00pm

Tues, Weds & Thurs
  (Come one of these evenings.)

Scrooge runs November 20, 21, 27, 28, 29 and December 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12 & 13, 2015
Rehearsals begin Sunday, September 20, 2015

AUDITION SITE:
St. Luke's Episcopal Church
1349 West 78th Street
Cleveland, OH 44102
Questions? Call our office at 216-961-9750, M-F 11am-4pm
or EMAIL info at nearwesttheatre.org<mailto:info at nearwesttheatre.org>

ABOUT THE AUDITION:
This is a group audition in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. No experience or preparation required. Dress for movement. Please plan to stay for the entire time specified, and arrive 15 minutes before audition time to register. Anyone arriving after the starting time will not audition that day.

At Near West Theatre we encourage everyone to audition. People of all experience levels, races, ethnicities, neighborhoods, sizes, gender identities and backgrounds are needed. We use theater to build community and relationships. We're a great place to express yourself and make friends. Come try us! Bring a friend!

ABOUT THE SHOW
Join us onstage for very first ever CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY MASTERPIECE on Near West Theatre's glorious new stage.
NWT seeking a large, diverse, intergenerational cast!!! Many roles available for all ages and festive ensemble songs and dances throughout.

It's 1860, and the stingy and cranky Ebenezer Scrooge HATES Christmas. Scrooge loathes people, wishes for the decrease of the surplus of the poor population, and runs his bank exploiting his employee Bob Cratchit and clients, giving bitter treatment to his own nephew and acquaintances. However, on Christmas Eve, he is visited by the doomed ghost of his former partner Jacob Marley, who tells him that three spirits will visit him that night. This classic story of awakening and redemption features all the songs from the film, including the Oscar nominated song "Thank You Very Much."