[NEohioPAL] Heights Youth Theatre Announces Its 2015-2016 Season

Pamela Fine via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Aug 19 05:29:55 PDT 2015

*N E W S   R E L E A S E*

*HEIGHTS YOUTH THEATRE 2015-2016 SEASON*

*RESILIENCE & DIVERSITY!*

*Season to open with You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown!  directed by Eugene
Sumlin and music directed by Stacy Bolton*

Cleveland Heights, OH – Heights Youth Theatre (HYT), with the generous
support of the Ohio Arts Council and Eaton Charitable Fund, is proud to
announce their 2015-2016 season opening in October 2015 with *You’re a Good
Man Charlie Brown!  *Charlie Brown struggles with confidence and
self-assessment as he seeks the answers to universal questions through his
often-comical interactions with the Peanuts Gang.  Charles Schulz would be
proud of this updated rendition of Clark Gesner’s 1967 script.

In January 2016, follow Ugly as he evolves through self-discovery in *Honk!
*directed by Pierre Brault.  *Honk! *is the brilliant re-telling of Hans
Christian Anderson’s classic *The Ugly Duckling*.

The capstone of the season will be the much-anticipated *West Side
Story *directed
by Treva Offutt.  Ms. Offutt will be conducting an intensive workshop prior
to auditions to help the young performers embrace the context and themes of
the production.  This is bound to be a tremendous experience for all
involved!

Participants in Heights Youth Theatre range in age from 6 -18 from all over
Greater Cleveland.  HYT has been in existence for over 60 years and
generally produces three to four full-length musicals each year while
engaging over 200 children and entertaining thousands each season.  For
countless numbers of children, Heights Youth Theatre is their first
exposure to live theater. It has been a place where young people from first
through the 12th grade, from the inner ring suburbs of Greater Cleveland
and beyond, enjoy a safe, nurturing environment and a cooperative learning
experience as they work together to create a production. The extraordinary
artistic quality of Heights Youth Theatre’s productions and the sense of
connection to a larger community, are but a few of the compelling reasons
children and adults choose to become involved with the theatre.

Says Pamela Fine, Executive Director, “We are so grateful for the ongoing
support of the Cleveland Heights/University Heights Schools, the community
at large., along with our generous donors and sponsors. The support has
allowed us to continue to bring these theater opportunities to our
communities. We are so fortunate to work with some of the best directors
and technical staff around, in turn providing our young performers with a
truly engaging and educational experience.  We encourage everyone to bring
their family and friends out to see our shows this season.  You will be in
for a real treat!! “

For more information on auditions, tickets, sponsorships and donations
please e-mail* heightsyouththeatre at gmail.com
<heightsyouththeatre at gmail.com>* *or visit **www.heightsyouththeatre.org
<http://www.heightsyouththeatre.org>**.*