[NEohioPAL] DJ-O-RAMA Swing Dance at the Slovenian Workmen's Home Saturday, Aug 29th - Get Hep Swing!

Valerie Salstrom via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Aug 20 10:10:49 PDT 2015

6 DJs REPRESENTING 6 BANDS! Come and cheer for your favorites! Show your support by putting your feet on the dance floor!!

Be sure to arrive in time to take part in the beginner jitterbug lesson from 8pm to 9pm. No need to bring a dance partner. We have lots of spares waiting to take the lesson and dance with you. We also rotate partners during the lesson so you will get lots of experience. :)

The beginner/intermediate jitterbug lesson will be taught by the ever popular Loreto Agdinaoay and the Swede with the swingin super powers Megan Hallstrom.

We always review the basic Jitterbug step, review the fundamentals of leading and following, and then show a few new moves. Each lesson is unique and you will always pick up new moves and hints each time you attend a pre-dance lesson at a Get Hep Swing event. These lessons are appropriate for brand new dancers all the way up to advanced dancers. You will not be disappointed!

Immediately after the lesson (at 9 PM) 6 DJs will be flexing their button pushing muscles to bring you and awesome night of swing music and swing dancing until 12am.

Each DJ will be given only 30 minutes to impress you and make you want to dance. Each DJ has been given the task of selecting just one band to represent.

The schedule is as follows:

9-9:30 Emil Chuck will be spinning Artie Shaw
9:30-10 Andy Lammers will be spinning Count Basie
10-10:30 David Aghassi will be spinning Gordon Webster
10:30-11 Steffanie Schilling will be spinning .... TBA
11-11:30 Jimmy Flynn will be spinning The Embers
11:30-12 Nick Flajnick will be spinning Ella Fitzgerald

Only $10 per person for this very special 6 DJs Swing Dance! $5 for first time attendees. No need to RSVP or buy tickets in advance. Pay in cash at the door.

The Waterloo Ballroom at the Slovenian Workman's Home is located in the very artsy and lively Collinwood neighborhood. The address is 15335 Waterloo Rd, Cleveland, Ohio 44110.

The sign for the Slovenian has been taken down so please
look for the sign for Waterloo Brew. Our entrance is just to the left of them.

The Slovenian not only has a beautiful ballroom; they also have a well stocked bar. They have alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks of all kinds for sale--including a very special Slovenian beer- Lasko!

There are TWO parking lots to the right of the ballroom and there is also some street parking as well. However, if you can carpool with friends that would be recommended. We also have a security guard who keeps an eye on the hall and both parking lots.

For more info please call or email Valerie at 216-374-1927/info at gethepswing.com

The sign for the Slovenian has been taken down so please
look for the sign for Waterloo Brew. Our entrance is just to the left of them.

Valerie Salstrom
Owner of Get Hep Swing, Ltd.
216-374-1927
info at GetHepSwing.com