[NEohioPAL] Akron Mayoral Forum on Arts, August 31st at Summit Artspace

JT via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Aug 20 12:25:40 PDT 2015

​​

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 12, 2015

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Joanne Green​​Nicole Mullet

Executive Director  |  Summit Artspace​Executive Director  |  ArtsNow

​330.376.8480  |  joanne at akronareaarts.org​330-410-3362 or
nicole at ArtsNow.org

ARTSNOW AND SUMMIT ARTSPACE TO HOST AKRON MAYORAL CANDIDATES AT A FORUM ON
ARTS AND CULTURE

Akron, OH – Topics relevant to the community’s arts and culture sector will
be at the forefront of the Akron Mayoral Forum on Artsand Culture at the
end of August. Hosted by ArtsNow and Summit Artspace, the candidate forum
will take place from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on Monday, August 31, 2015 at
Summit Artspace located at 140 E. Market Street in Akron. The forum will be
moderated by Brenda Cummins and is open to the public.

"The City of Akron has historically been extremely supportive of arts and
culture and we look forward to working with Summit ArtSpace to keep this
topic at the forefront of discussion as we approach the election,” said
Nicole Mullet, Executive Director of ArtsNow. “It supports recruitment and
retention of the best and brightest, and is vital the vibrancy and health
of the city."

This forum is open to all candidates that have filed to run in Akron’s
September 8th mayoral primary. Participating candidates include Summit
County Clerk of Courts Dan Horrigan, Akron Councilman Mike Williams and
defense attorney Eddie Sipplen.

“We are proud to have the opportunity to host the Akron mayoral candidates
and our community at Summit Artspace,” said Joanne Green, Executive
Director of Summit Artspace. “There is a momentum in Akron and Summit
County around arts and culture, and we are thrilled to partner with ArtsNow and
a small group of dedicated artists to provide a place to bring our
community together to discuss issues relevant to Akron’s artists, arts
organizations and arts supporters.”

A task force comprised of area artists and arts advocates are spearheading
the Akron Forum on Arts and Culture in conjunction with ArtsNow and Summit
Artspace. Questions will be derived in advance from results related to
the recent
Summit County Arts Assessment, as well as online submissions from interested
community members. Online questions will be collected via the Akron Forum
on Arts and Culture Facebook event page(
https://www.facebook.com/events/1617957288464632/ - short link:
http://on.fb.me/1Tm4b20) and on Eventbrite (
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/akron-mayoral-forum-on-arts-culture-tickets-18060153405
-
short link: http://bit.ly/1TptJeF).

The Akron Mayoral Forum on Arts thanks hosts ArtsNow and Summit Artspace, as
well as community partners and sponsors Akronist.com, which will record and
rebroadcast the forum, and Main Street Muffins and Angel Falls Coffee,
which will provide light refreshments for candidates and attendees. The
Akron Mayoral Forum on Arts and Culture is free to attend and open to the
public.

For additional information and updates, please visit the Akron Mayoral
Forum on Arts Facebook page, or contact Joanne Green at Summit Artspace (
330-376-8480 or joanne at akronareaarts.org) or Nicole Mullet at ArtsNow (330-
<330-410-3362>410-3362 <330-410-3362> or nicole at ArtsNow.org).

# # #